Question about Steeda Hood Struts

NJ6T5

Reaction score
A while back I bought a new Steeda hood strut kit from a forum member. When I installed it on my 2011 GT, I couldn't get the hood to sit level; one corner kept popping up when I closed the hood. It was hard to tell from the included instructions which mount goes on which side so I called Steeda tech support. I spoke with some of the tech guys at Steeda and they sent the instructions in color pdf but it didn't really clear things up so I just put it away to deal with another day.

Well I would like to get them mounted again and while looking online for some guidance I came across this post from another forum:

"They look great!!! never realized how ugly the prop rod was untill now! I did have to modify the mount for the sound tube diaphram on my 11. It was hitting with hood closed and made the corner of my hood stick up. A die grinder made quick work of it."

I was wondering if anyone knows if this is common to install the kit on a 2011 GT? If so, can you tell me how to trim the fender mount? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mark

S

Steedagus

Hi there, you have an older kit, when the sound tube because standard equipment we made a running change to the design of our kit to compensate for this.

NJ6T5

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Gus. So if I take out the sound tube it should eliminate the issue?

NJ6T5

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, I did install the bracket to shift the fender mounting point for the sound tube away from the hinge, but still had a problem. Is that the change you were referring to? Thanks again.

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
Hi there, you have an older kit, when the sound tube because standard equipment we made a running change to the design of our kit to compensate for this.

Do you have a hood strut kit that's strong enough to support an aftermatket hood. Specificially the Cervinis GT4 hood, as well as mounting correctly?

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hello,

Our hood strut will not support that hood.

If you need additional assistance ... please reach out to me at [email protected].

Best Regards,

TJ

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back