Question about stock stereo

Skudra

Reaction score
I have an 05 GT with stock stereo...not even the shaker system. My question is: is it wise to use the stock stereo with an amp and sub set-up? I have a Kenwood 1000watt amp and some 10 inch subs that I had from a previous car and Im wanting to put in this car. Do I need to get an aftermarket deck or will the stock one be OK?

Thanks

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 GT with stock stereo...not even the shaker system. My question is: is it wise to use the stock stereo with an amp and sub set-up? I have a Kenwood 1000watt amp and some 10 inch subs that I had from a previous car and Im wanting to put in this car. Do I need to get an aftermarket deck or will the stock one be OK?

Thanks

You will probably have to get a line voltage to RCA jack output converter to make it work, and that method can transfer a lot of noise into the system. Sort of like using those old power boosters in the late 70s early 80s.

I would recommend a good front end unit that has RCA outputs so you can send a low voltage signal to the amps and then let them amplify that. That will reduce noise quite a bit.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back