question about the stock supension

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was just watching Top Gear and I know that our cars are not BMW's or Jags. But, are our cars stiff enough to do the high speeds slides and not flip, roll or any of that other really bad stuff.........lol. Just curious.

Sleeper_08

forum member
Reaction score
Out of the box a stock GT handles pretty well. With some carefully selected and relatively inexpensive modifcations it can be improved even more. If you go "slightly overboard" it can be a real blast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivv5FoDYxOw

and I'm presently only driving my car six seconds a lap slower than my brother can make it go. In the video above it is only running high perfomance street tires.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks, what I am curious about is if I went out and maybe did some donuts, would the car go ahead and stay flat and spin, or would try to weeble around on me...........lol

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Oh, I don't know... It's a valid question, I guess, but I would predict that if you're doing donuts, you're experiencing moderate to severe oversteer...:stooges:

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh, I don't know... It's a valid question, I guess, but I would predict that if you're doing donuts, you're experiencing moderate to severe oversteer...:stooges:

Will the car wallow like a pig.....yes or no?

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
I was just watching Top Gear and I know that our cars are not BMW's or Jags. But, are our cars stiff enough to do the high speeds slides and not flip, roll or any of that other really bad stuff.........lol. Just curious.

Unfortunately the host of Top Gear (Clarkson) hates Mustangs. They did a head to head comparison on a road course against a Lotus. Obviously the Lotus was faster out of the box but with a few suspension mods, it's a different story. They tested a Roush Mustang and admitted it's handling was much improved but made this comment," I'd buy one of these if I was the kind of guy who looked at my sister and said hmmmm".

Mustang's rear solid axle and 3 link setup are antiquated but can be made to compete. A 2010 Mustang with the Track Pack option was quicker at VIR than and Audi S5 (all wheel drive 340 HP V8).

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
I love Top Gear, but if you don't understand that they go out of their way to bash American cars, you've got a screw loose.

The car is fine.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
I love Top Gear, but if you don't understand that they go out of their way to bash American cars, you've got a screw loose.

The car is fine.

The British are just bitter. Their women are ugly, they drink warm, uncarbonated beer, it rains all the time and their favorite beverage is tea. To top it off, they drive small, gay cars and live in compartments called "flats". Coldplay and Radiohead are considered good bands.

That's all you need to know to understand the British and their contempt for North America.

Reaction score
Will the car wallow like a pig.....yes or no?

Not trying to insult you, but:
if you are concerned enough to ask, I wouldn't advise you do it. Try it on a slick parking lot first and move up from there. Be sure to find a space clear of light posts..

Now Top Gear:
As much as they bash American cars about their looks or interiors, they can't get that shit eating grin off thier face whenever they drive one. Clarkson was having the time of his life behind a '67 bullitt clone with 4 wheels drums on a road course and hamster owns/owned a gt390. Captain Slow is well.. slow and boring, so I don't pay much attention to him. But he did love the cts-v enoungh to actually pass the other hosts on the way to Vegas or Reno (I can't recall which one exactly) The show displays the British stereotype as a snooty, self righteous homo; while the American is a redneck fatass that only drives in circles or straight lines. I'd rather be a redneck fatass, personally. You can't take anything they say to heart because it's just a script, and they love American cars when it comes down to it.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
The British are just bitter. Their women are ugly,

Example:

20080110-sienna-miller.jpg

they drink warm, uncarbonated beer,
Example:

english8.jpg

John Cleese: "American beer is a lot like sex in a canoe: fucking close to water."

Example of above:

bud%20light%20label%20pub%20light.jpg

Now, according to Reinheitsgebot, that's not even beer, since it has FUCKING RICE IN IT!!!

it rains all the time and their favorite beverage is tea.
Well, um......uh...... No argument.

To top it off, they drive small, gay cars
Examples of above:

ascari_a10.jpg

arash1.jpg

As opposed to the American:

chevrolet_citation.jpg

86Aries_Frt_RH.jpg

That's all you need to know to understand the British and their contempt for North America.
Ahem...

Sleeper_08

forum member
Reaction score
Why do the British drink warm beer?

Because they own Lucas refrigerators?

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
Not trying to insult you, but:
if you are concerned enough to ask, I wouldn't advise you do it. Try it on a slick parking lot first and move up from there. Be sure to find a space clear of light posts..

Now Top Gear:
As much as they bash American cars about their looks or interiors, they can't get that shit eating grin off thier face whenever they drive one. Clarkson was having the time of his life behind a '67 bullitt clone with 4 wheels drums on a road course and hamster owns/owned a gt390. Captain Slow is well.. slow and boring, so I don't pay much attention to him. But he did love the cts-v enoungh to actually pass the other hosts on the way to Vegas or Reno (I can't recall which one exactly) The show displays the British stereotype as a snooty, self righteous homo; while the American is a redneck fatass that only drives in circles or straight lines. I'd rather be a redneck fatass, personally. You can't take anything they say to heart because it's just a script, and they love American cars when it comes down to it.

In fact, isn't Clarkson's dream car a Ford GT? British humor is...well British humor.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
*REAL* British Women
British.png

Dude.... Page 3: NSFW link. 'Nuff said.

As opposed to:
funny_girl.jpg

or
American_Werewolf.jpg

REAL British Cars
248072735_3f97afc298.jpg
Yup, you're right: And here they are again:

mini-cooper-racing-in-1965.jpg

montelaguna_web.jpg

British Food
1862057932_3b6d76ce57.jpg
Not even close... THAT'S CANADIAN BACON I SEE!! Plus beans are not a traditional staple...

Try bangers and mash, instead:
bangers-mash.jpg

or the ever popular fish-and-chips:
fish-and-chips-plate-small.jpg

That's more traditional fare. Or, if you want something that will really stick to the ribs (pun intended):

roast_beef_and_yorkshire_pudding2.jpg

This is MUCH more fun than posting recepies for Chilean sea bass!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back