question about the stock supension

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Why do the British drink warm beer?

Because they own Lucas refrigerators?

Nope, 50-60*F is the perfect temp for beer:

Drinking chilled beer is a social trend that began with the development of artificial refrigeration and by the 1870s, was spread in those countries that concentrated on brewing pale lager. Chilling below 15.5 °C (59.9 °F) starts to reduce taste awareness and reduces it significantly below 10 °C (50 °F); while this is acceptable for beers without an appreciable aroma or taste profile, beers brewed with more than basic refreshment in mind reveal their flavours more when served unchilled—either cool or at room temperature. (from Wikipedia, all citations available: Bold emphasis is mine!)

Most American beers (some micros excepted) simply taste like goat piss, so you need to chill them to kill the taste.

I will agree that where the Brits really fall down is when it comes to electronics. That's best left to the Japanese or the Germans.

Sleeper_08

forum member
Reaction score
.......... Most American beers (some micros excepted) simply taste like goat piss, so you need to chill them to kill the taste.

Close on the description of American beer - my Father's favourite description is "gnat's pee".

Of course what you expect from someone who once owned an MG TD, MGA, MGB and Jaguar sedan all at the same time! He has also owned two Mustangs.

Reaction score
Close on the description of American beer - my Father's favourite description is "gnat's pee".

Forgive me if I'm remembering incorrectly, but aren't you from Canada? Not defending the mainstream American beers, but I don't know of any really good Canadian ones. The only thing we get down here is Labatt Blue and Molson. Not too shabby, but nothing to write home aboot..

Sleeper_08

forum member
Reaction score
Forgive me if I'm remembering incorrectly, but aren't you from Canada? Not defending the mainstream American beers, but I don't know of any really good Canadian ones. The only thing we get down here is Labatt Blue and Molson. Not too shabby, but nothing to write home aboot..

Yes I live in Canada and was actually born in Wales which makes me of British origin.

Labatt Blue and Molson Canadian are pretty mainstream beers so not one of the better products. There are lots of better beers available either from the micros or even the multinational brewers.

Come across to Mosport some time and we could go and try out a few at the end of the day. :)

BBQBats

forum member
Reaction score
I remember you enjoy quite a few Mooseheads too

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
forget about the mainstream bullshit american beer. try some real shit. sam adams. magic hat. ithaca. yuengling. those are real beers. what good beers come out of england? what good anything comes out of england? ive been there. it blows. 1 in 274 girls is actually decent looking and they usually end up being a tourist. they have a couple of decent cars. the food is terrible. they walk around like they are owed something and their shit dont stink. im not saying america is any better. but fuck england anyway. (i may be a little biased being irish)

also, this
http://www.swedishgirl.se/swedish_girls_vs_british_nightclubs/

Last edited:

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
An Irishman is never too drunk, so long as he can lay down on mother earth, grab hold of one blade of grass, and not fall off!

Sleeper_08

forum member
Reaction score
Left work today and it was so nice out I took off my winter coat and drove home with the windows down. The burble from the SC on downshifts is beautiful.

Got home and had an Old Speckled Hen - "first brewed in 1979 in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the MG car factory there."

Now we just need it a bit warmer to get the car ready and then head out for track!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back