Question about vert door differences

fivehunsky

forum member
Reaction score
Okay, So I have exhausted the search button here and on google in general so I am making a thread.

I am trying to find out what the difference is between a vert and a coupe door. I know they are different because it has been said many places. But, I need to know if it is a structural difference or not.

I need to replace a door on a car with no interior or windows. The question is:

are there any STRUCTURAL differences in the doors? Im assuming the controls are different for the windows and such but I dont run door panels at all. I found a local car the same color so I would love to know if I can use a door off of it.

Like I said, I have searched and cant come up with a definitive answer to the question.

Thank You in advance for any help.

fivehunsky

forum member
Reaction score
I posted this in the 05-09 section so I assume it would be clear but the car is an 05 coupe. the donor is a 07 vert. Thanks

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
did you try a online Ford Parts catalog? see if there is a part's number difference?

or the service manual that's listed in the sticky at the top of the sub-forum?

http://iihs.net/fsm/

fivehunsky

forum member
Reaction score
I did look in the service manual but I couldn't find anything listed about it. I have not been able to find a part number difference for the doors but I really can't find a reliable source. I guess I will continue looking till someone with an answer chimes in.
Thanks

fivehunsky

forum member
Reaction score
I was actually planning on calling the local shop today. Thanks for the tip though. Hopefully they will be able to help me. I really would have thought someone on here went through this already though.

I will post back once I call if I get an answer

fivehunsky

forum member
Reaction score
Okay, according to the local ford body shop there is no difference in the sheet metal of the door.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back