Question on tune

martinr69

Reaction score
I am going to install a cam and gears over the winter. Now the place where I am having the work done does not have a dyno to finish it. If I get a email tune from you and download it will that work until I can get in into the dyno shop?

Mods that are being installed:
1) Comp cam Mutha Thumpr or FRPP hot Rod cam
2) FRPP 4.10 gears

Brenspeed

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, we can certainly provide you with a custom tune for these modifications. Personally, i have had both of these camshafts in my car at one point in time or another and i prefer the hot rods over the thumprs, because they have a lot better drivability and they still have a great sound to them. As for the gears...4.10s you cant go wrong :)

martinr69

Reaction score
Yes, we can certainly provide you with a custom tune for these modifications. Personally, i have had both of these camshafts in my car at one point in time or another and i prefer the hot rods over the thumprs, because they have a lot better drivability and they still have a great sound to them. As for the gears...4.10s you cant go wrong :)

Sounds good I will be ordering a tune then though you guys. Now I know the guy I had the car dynoed the last time, it took him a couple of days to fit me in. Now will I have any problem running on the email tune for those days?

Brenspeed

forum member
Reaction score
You shouldnt have any issues running an email tune whatsoever. Honestly we have customers that run email tunes all of the time and never go to the dyno. We have done quite a few cars with very similar (if not the same) modifications as yours. Volume means alot :)

martinr69

Reaction score
You shouldnt have any issues running an email tune whatsoever. Honestly we have customers that run email tunes all of the time and never go to the dyno. We have done quite a few cars with very similar (if not the same) modifications as yours. Volume means alot :)

Thank for your help on this since this is my first big mod that I am doing. I will be coming to you with my business in the next several months.

HC_Tad

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds good I will be ordering a tune then though you guys. Now I know the guy I had the car dynoed the last time, it took him a couple of days to fit me in. Now will I have any problem running on the email tune for those days?
FWIW my Brenspeed email tune is MUCH better than what I got at the local dyno shop. Brenspeed is awesome!

Vbshelbygt

Doug's Speed Shop
Reaction score
I have the same set up and running the Bamma AM tune and car is running strong

Kevinmach1

Major Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mr Brenspeed, If I get the sct tuner and tune for my boys 2001 bullitt, will I get a custom tune with the package or is it a tune that just comes with the tuner already? The car is stock right down to the tires. He will be doing a little modding here and there, but he wants a tuner that will grow with him.
Can you help him out?
Thanks...Kevin

Brenspeed

forum member
Reaction score
yes, we can definitely help him out. All of our tunes are completely custom and setup specifically for his vehicle and any modifications on it. One of our custom tuned SCT X3 programmers is a great place to start!

blue3v

forum member
Reaction score
i agree with the others i have ran a brenspeed email tune for about 2 years now (very impressed) and not a bit of problem except wanting to mod my car even more. Which by the way I will be calling you guys tomorrow for a new tune, is their anyone specific I should try and ask for?

Brenspeed

forum member
Reaction score
anyone here will be more than happy to take your order. just give us a call.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got a question on your custom Saleen S/C tunes. Can they be gotten with out buying the SCT X3? I have an excal 2 and would like to get the tunes only.

Brenspeed

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, we can write them for the X2 as well. We will just need the serial number on the back of your tuner, the PCM code off of your car, and a full list of your vehicles modifications. One custom email tune for a Saleen S/C setup is going to run you $185.00.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score

I have very similar mods and I have been running an email tune from Brenspeed for close to a year now with absolutely no problems whatsoever. Car drives and runs great. I would definitely recommend them! :thumb2:

Back