quick question

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score
What weight oil should I use in the 3v? I've never changed the oil myself (free oil changes) and I'm about to do it. Car is at the shop. Owner's manual is in the car.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
5w-20. Used Motorcraft synthetic blend from the beginning, but I'm thinking of switching to Mobil-1 for the next change or the one after that.

08GOGT

forum member
Reaction score
i use royal purple, before that i used mobil 1 in my other cars.
just get a good synth oil and you will be fine.

As for the filter i am using a K&N right now, but Mobil-1 and Motorcraft are all good. Just stay away from the crappy ones like the 99cent fram

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
It came with 20 weight from the factory, I don't see how it hurts to replace it??

Royal Purple here as well...

cyazo6

forum member
Reaction score
When I had the stock engine with a Saleen supercharger JDM told me to use motorcraft synthetic blend 5w-20. It must not be to bad there Mr. Androds!

Last edited:

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score
When I had the stock engine with a Saleen supercharger JDM told me to use motorcraft synthetic blend 5w-20. It must not be to bad there Mr. Androds!

Well Saleen Recommends 5w-30 it is nice what happenes when CAFE standards are no longer in play for the oil recommendation. I have an Oil Analysis showing 5w-20 breaking up after a track-day. One of the main engineer's of the 4.6 3v (scott whitthead) has repeatedly stated that he would never use a 20 weight on a 3v; explicitely saying that he does not accept the marginal increase in fuel economy vs the increased wear/tear on the engine.

Andrew

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back