quick question

shard phoenix

Reaction score
I read a while a go that that particular study was finances by Royal purple. Just look for the oil bible and see what it says for every grade. For example a company maybe have a great 5w-30 or 10w-30 but their 5w-20 might suck ass completely.

Andrew

Cite your source please.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I used Royal Purple 10w-30 as recommended by PMP. Next time I'll be using Amsoil 10w-30 and one of their oil filters. If you have the cam phaser lock outs running heaver oil shouldn't be any issue at all.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I used Royal Purple 10w-30 as recommended by PMP. Next time I'll be using Amsoil 10w-30 and one of their oil filters. If you have the cam phaser lock outs running heaver oil shouldn't be any issue at all.
Thats why I run 10w40. No phasers to worry about.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
With my first built motor, I ran 20w-50... we don't have winter here. :clap: I currently run 10w-40.
I have winter but not that bad. I have went with the 10w40 becouse of the clearances built into my engine. I may run the 20w50 on the new motor after breakin . One thing everyone without vct needs to really look at what the motor was built to run . If you have a larger clearance then a thicker oil is better. IMO

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
#1 dont use motorcraft syn blend it breaks down
#2 I wouldn't use anything lower than a 30 weight.
#1: I change the oil every 2500-or-so miles...not much breaking down going on there. Not to mention I don't beat the shit out of my car at any opportunity I can get.

#2: You live in a warm climate. Like Don said, thick oil + cold weather = problems. I'll stick with what Ford recommends, not you. Thanks.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I have winter but not that bad. I have went with the 10w40 becouse of the clearances built into my engine. I may run the 20w50 on the new motor after breakin . One thing everyone without vct needs to really look at what the motor was built to run . If you have a larger clearance then a thicker oil is better. IMO
I still have VCT and run the thicker oil. I just use what Adam @ ST recommends, since he built the engine.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I still have VCT and run the thicker oil. I just use what Adam @ ST recommends, since he built the engine.
When the engine is "built " it is always best to use the builders recomendation as they know the clearance specs for that engine.JMO

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back