Quick Ratio Steering Rack???

jake_zx2

forum member
Reaction score
Haha yeah, good point! I saw the 1.5:1 on there, and that's the one I was thinking about since it's still a street car. but luckily, the season is over (sad face) so I have some time to think about it and get used to if if I do decide to go with that

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You don't need to do anything with your steering. There are plenty of fast Mustang race cars out there with stock steering racks. No one even makes a different ratio rack. The BOSS rack had different software than the factory one, that is all.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
update on pics?

No, I'll try to get you. Some tomorrow.

You don't need to do anything with your steering. There are plenty of fast Mustang race cars out there with stock steering racks. No one even makes a different ratio rack. The BOSS rack had different software than the factory one, that is all.

OP, Sky Render is completely correct in what he is saying here.

Sent from iPhone

jake_zx2

forum member
Reaction score
Sure, you don't NEED it, but do you really need twin turbo mustangs out there? of course not. Do some people want it because it's what they prefer? of course. it's not like it's going to do any damage to the car to speed up the steering

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
It's not like there aren't any possible downsides, either (altered steering feel, increased possibility of steering the front tires faster than what they can keep up with so they slide). It's just a different compromise.

Norm

jake_zx2

forum member
Reaction score
I think it mainly comes down to personal preference. I doubt it'll change the steering feel too terribly much, and the speed of the steering will just take some adjusting. I know there are some possible downsides, but that's with any modification you make to a car. as long as it isn't going to make the car worse in the long run, then there shouldn't be a problem, right?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back