Radio CD ERROR + A/C Clicking

Fishkzor

forum member
Reaction score
Haven't been on here in a long while.

But anyways, my radio keeps coming up with a CD ERROR and makes funny noises as it cycles through during start up. Anyone know if this is a radio issue, or maybe a fuse somewhere I'm aware of?

Then I also have the clicking noise on my A/C when I turn it on. It still works, but is extremely annoying and embarasing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tom

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
Both are common issues...

The "Skipper 500", as it's known, commonly has CD loading issues and likes to scratch your CDs. See TSB 05-06-09 Intermittent CD Player Concerns. The best option is to replace it with an aftermarket head unit. You can keep the speakers, subs, and use the stock amps if you put a 5 volt regulator on the amp trigger wire.

Is the clicking noise on the AC coming from the engine bay or from the dash? See TSB 06-10-1 Air Conditioner Compressor Clutch Failure - Revised Compressor Clutch on AC clutch failure if its coming from the compressor in the engine bay. If its coming from the dash area than the blender door is likely sticking. The TSBs are located here:

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61

Note, these are TSBs and NOT recalls, so they are NOT covered, and you will have to pay to get them repaired...

07_CALI/SPCL

Reaction score
The A/C clicking is probably a A/C actuator that’s bad. I believe that you have three different actuators that open and close doors to let air in and out. For example if you want dash/feet air that’s one actuator and if you want defrost that’s another. They just go bad and start clicking. Mines doing the same thing. What happens from what I understand is you start the car and the car functions through all of the actuators to make sure they work. So you will hear it click for a min then stop. Then sometimes when you turn on different a/c setting it will click for a second also. They are all behind the dash one to the right of the gauge cluster which you have to take the dash apart (good luck) and two behind the glove box which are easy to get to by removing the glove box and crawling under there. Actuators are like 40 dollars from ford. If you think this is what it is I can see if I still have the part number for you just PM me.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back