Raxiom Retros

ummduh

forum member
Reaction score
Its not that you CAN'T put hid bulbs in them, it is that you SHOULDN'T put hid bulbs in them. Or ANY headlights designed for a halogen bulb.

If you want hids, you need to do it properly with proper hid hardware.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Its not that you CAN'T put hid bulbs in them, it is that you SHOULDN'T put hid bulbs in them. Or ANY headlights designed for a halogen bulb.

If you want hids, you need to do it properly with proper hid hardware.

I've always wanted to do a true retrofit with mustang headlights, but it's too time consuming for my schedule. A retrofit into these raxiom headlights would be the most impressive retrofit that I can imagine and it has crossed my mind. It's not optimal to use the typical PnP HIDs on a out of the box mustang headlight, but it's a improvement over the crappy halogen OEM lighting. After I installed my bullitt grille (deletes fog lights), the headlights alone made night driving horrible. While I'm not a fan of throw light everywhere with the HIDs, I can say I never been flashed from on coming drivers (maybe due to mustangs having shielded bulbs), I like the cosmetics, and the improved lighting.

Last edited:

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Ok, I finally installed these headlight before the thunderstorm on the horizon came in. I finally got the inphone I wanted, so I can actually have good pics to show you guys this time. I'll post higher res pic to so people can see more detail and clarity on how these headlights look (my biggest compliant when googling images of these headlights on different cars).

I'm very pleased with the result. It looks stockish, but not glare produced from having an outer lens like a OEM housing. One thing I noticed when installing these things is that the Retro lens feel almost like glass compared to the aftermarket halo headlights. The halo headlight lens you could push in slightly due to it being so thin. So after seeing this, and even though the lens was further away from the Halo version........I feel confident that my 35w HIDs wont damage the retros. Matter of fact, I'm sure night shots of them will be impressive.

So here they are:

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

Chris at AM is welcome to add this to the online examples of the retros.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, I actually though that since the stock housing is black already it wouldn't make a difference but that actually looks really good. Kudos man

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I'm a firm believer that the right combation of subtle changes can make drastic improvements in the cosmetic department. Part of me was worried that spending the money on these retros in black wouldn't "pop" enough. After the install......I think different.

I wish they made turn signals like mine that same way.

etnoats

forum member
Reaction score
that looks awesome Jinx. Ive been waiting for someone to do black on a light color car. I think they will look great on Satin Silver.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
that looks awesome Jinx. Ive been waiting for someone to do black on a light color car. I think they will look great on Satin Silver.

Funny you say that, my girlfriend is looking at a satin silver S197. That may happen. Lol. She likes my headlights and said she could see it on the satin silver.

GerRod

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't care much for those, but after seeing them on your car, I've changed my mind. They look awesome!

06Mach

forum member
Reaction score
makes me wonder if they would mesh with the LL.

Perhaps if I go with black would it work....anyone good at photoshop? haha

SeanD

forum member
Reaction score
I am thinking of doing the same with mine. I bought mine painted Windveil Blue, but soon the car is going in for a big paint job and my paint scheme is blue and flat black. I am just wondering if the buckets would look good flat black and how would it go with the rest of the car?

Back