Rear Wheel alignment with Panhard

Bullett

Pwnisher
Reaction score
Ok so one question here, u can leave the car on the ground or put jack stands on the axle, or just leave the jack on the pumpkin correct?

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Ok so one question here, u can leave the car on the ground or put jack stands on the axle, or just leave the jack on the pumpkin correct?

Don't crawl under there with only a jack supporting the car. The first 2 methods will work.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score

Jack it up on the pumpkin and once you have it high enough for you to get under there, put some jackstands on the axle tubes as close to the pumpkin/jack as you can get them. Then lower the car just enough so that there is about a 1/4" of space from the tubes to the jackstands. That way, you leave all the weight on the jack, but if the jack fails, those stands are there to catch the car.

Or reverse it onto ramps as mentioned. Either way will work fine.

Bullett

Pwnisher
Reaction score
Ok awesome. And to adjust, u loosen the two nuts on each side then adjust using the center... Thing... Lol sorry don't know what it's called.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Ok awesome. And to adjust, u loosen the two nuts on each side then adjust using the center... Thing... Lol sorry don't know what it's called.

Yes. Once you adjust it take a short drive involving turns and then take your measurements. Before I installed mine I made it a 1/2" shorter than the factory bar.

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
TBH just put the rear up on jackstands (under the tubes, directly below the spring perches), then disconnect the stock bar. The body will settle to center. Then just install the adjustable bar and tune the length until the holes line up.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
TBH just put the rear up on jackstands (under the tubes, directly below the spring perches), then disconnect the stock bar. The body will settle to center. Then just install the adjustable bar and tune the length until the holes line up.

:wtf: This will work? Why didn't I think of this???:thud:

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
:wtf: This will work? Why didn't I think of this???:thud:

Yeah I "discovered" this when I finally installed an adj. PHB on my lowered '06 GT, I adjusted the new one to stock length, and it was too long when I put it in the car to install it--the rear had centered itself once the restraint (the stock PHB) was removed.

So then I had to shorten the adj bar a bit to get the upper hole to line up. Piece of cake.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
They won't always center themselves. Mine shifted about 5/8" to the left of center when the stock bar was removed. I've run adj. PH bars many times before so I knew what to expect.

Sent from iPhone

gottoast

Reaction score
Thanks for this DYI guide!!!

Darren, I know you're a serious jack user. Surely you have RAMPS. This is Lowered Car 101!

Go to Home Depot and buy a 12' long 2x12. Have them cut it into two 3' sections, two 2' sections, and two 1' sections. They'll do it for free. Nail them together and voila.

You HAVE to have these for any lowered car. I can't even get my jack under any of my cars without these. They're safer than those horrific steel ramps that are too narrow for any performance tires and slide all over the driveway. I can do almost all my basic maintenance with just these, and of course these make it easy to slide the jack under the car to get it higher when needed.

IMG072.jpg

IMG074.jpg

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
Darren, I know you're a serious jack user. Surely you have RAMPS. This is Lowered Car 101!

Go to Home Depot and buy a 12' long 2x12. Have them cut it into two 3' sections, two 2' sections, and two 1' sections. They'll do it for free. Nail them together and voila.

You HAVE to have these for any lowered car. I can't even get my jack under any of my cars without these. They're safer than those horrific steel ramps that are too narrow for any performance tires and slide all over the driveway. I can do almost all my basic maintenance with just these, and of course these make it easy to slide the jack under the car to get it higher when needed.

IMG072.jpg

IMG074.jpg

Awesome! I'm making a set of these soon!

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
Yeah I "discovered" this when I finally installed an adj. PHB on my lowered '06 GT, I adjusted the new one to stock length, and it was too long when I put it in the car to install it--the rear had centered itself once the restraint (the stock PHB) was removed.

So then I had to shorten the adj bar a bit to get the upper hole to line up. Piece of cake.

They won't always center themselves. Mine shifted about 5/8" to the left of center when the stock bar was removed. I've run adj. PH bars many times before so I knew what to expect.

Sent from iPhone
This didn't work when I installed the adjustable PHB on my BOSS, so disregard.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back