Rebuild Parts for tr3650

JanShelbyGT500

forum member
Reaction score
So I already changed almost every thing on my transmission/drivetrain setup. Mcleod rst clutch, new slave pump, che brace, MGW shifter, new poly engine mounts. All have better my 3rd gear issues but i still have some grind. So i want to replace my 3rd gear synchro. What else should i buy? Should i buy a complete rebuild kit? From whom?

StangPower05

"Pony Up"
Reaction score
I got a 3650 trans with 5k on it if you would like to replace the whole thing.

JanShelbyGT500

forum member
Reaction score
These options are good not am not looking to spent over a grand on this. If i could get the synchros kit, i could replace here at my local tranny shop. Hell maybe i don't even need a complete kit, just the 3rd gear syncrhos . Who has done this job? What parts did you need?

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
Then take it apart, see what it needs, and buy the parts from Ford. It's not like there are 10 company's making this stuff. The parts are made by Tremic or who ever they contract to make the parts for them.

JanShelbyGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Sure, but what are the part numbers? Diagrams? I don't want to take it apart, and then start to order parts, etc.....don't want to have my car that long.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
It is kind of hard to know what parts are bad with out taking it apart . You can go to the dealer, or call D&D and order the sync rings (2 sets) and the 3/4 sync. I don;t see where knowing the part numbers makes any difference. As far as Diagrams go's look at the Service Manual guides, in the tech section

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
either pro-force performance or liberty transmissions will sell you any parts you need.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back