Rebuilt Coyote Longblock looking for a home

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Sold

Bought this engine from a 2011 mustang GT for the coyote swap into my 2009 and along the way of rebuilding it I became severely disenchanted with tracking down good deals for each and every accessory, sensor, bolt, manifold, fuel rail, injector, $1800 control pack, etc.. etc.. and just bought the 2015 crate engine with control pack combo kit from Jegs.

My dad and I completely rebuilt this block and had Morley Performance do the block-hone job back in STL about a month ago. I've got this listed on craigslist and eBay but not much activity so I thought I'd throw it up here as well if anyone has need for a rebuilt coyote long block from an '11 GT.

Rebuild details:
- All 8 pistons and rings replaced with brand new Ford OEM parts
- Brand new Clevite main and rod bearings throughout
- All brand new Ford OEM main, rod, cam, Ti-VCT and head bolts (they are torque to yield, 100% replaced with new material)
- All brand new Ford OEM gaskets
- Brand new Ford racing oil pump gears
- Brand new Ford OEM valve covers, timing chain covers, and oil pan (I have the full cover and oil pan set brand new from Ford, but if buyer doesn't need those items because you are simply replacing a defunct long block in your current mustang and can reuse your old covers, I will return them to Ford and take $300 off the asking price)

For all intents and purposes, the bottom end of this engine is brand new and every single part has been cleaned, inspected, and reassembled using the torque specs (and stages) in the actual Ford shop manual (provided courtesy of this forum actually). Everything was assembled with engine assembly lube to prevent anything from seizing while non-operational.

Anyone who has rebuilt a coyote can attest they are 'stupid' expensive to rebuild compared to the dozen or more 289/302s my dad and I have rebuilt. I've got $3800 in engine + parts alone with $0 included for my dad and my time (though rebuilding engines is actually a pretty good time well spent).

I'm already at the point where I'm willing to accept a loss, but, at this point, with this engine, the 2015 crate engine, and the 4.6L 3V that is still in my car, my garage is turning into more of an engine trading post than I ever intended and I'd like to sell both non-crate engines reasonably soon.

Asking Sold but, as I mention in my other ads, I bought all brand new valve cover, timing cover, and oil pan for the engine from Tasca - if you don't need them because you are simply replacing a blown long-block in your current '11-14 GT, I'll try to sell them separately and knock $300 off the asking price.

Buyer pays for shipping to wherever. I've got the same pallet my FRPP crate engine showed up in that I can reuse for this engine and I'll drop her off at a freight terminal. That said, local pickup is always preferred....

Last note - I took an excessive number of photos during the rebuild process - I've got detailed pictures of every feature within the engine (crank journals, cylinder walls, ring alignment, my Christmas-tree table filled with Ford parts from Tasca, etc. If you are seriously interested, PM me and I can send you the photos rather than uploading them all on here.

IMG_0287.jpg

I have no idea why the photo is rotated on the post but correct orientation on my computer....

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back