Recommendations for dent removal companies?

JCCNY

forum member
Reaction score
I got a DIY kit from Amazon. It actually worked pretty good to fix a silver dollar size ding.

merk

forum member
Reaction score
If it is reletivly small and not creased you can get a DIY kit at O Riellys. 20 ish buck or so.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The oil pan is fairly stiff metal, I'm not sure if one of those self repair kits could pull out a dent in the pan. You may have to pull the pan and bang it out from the inside.

Earl

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You are probably right Earl but removing it will be a PITA with the stock K member and how close it is to the tranny....was hoping a dent removal company will at least look at it and tell me if it is an option.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Greg, if it was mine I would take it to a body shop and let them look at it. They can hit it with the little micro welder and weld the pulling rod onto the pan. It's quick and they should be able to do it on the car, as it doesn't create much excess heat. Then pull out the dent, grind off the small weld and hit it with some rattle can black.

Earl

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Earl, thats an awesome idea! Greg, I pulled my pan when doing the turbo and w/o dropping the K it was a bitch and a half trying to put it back in. Engine was off the mounts and jacked up about as far as it could go w/o breaking stuff to go back in.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back