Redoing my exhaust

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
So.....pretty sure my stock midpipe and over axle pipes have seen better days.

I give you exhibit A:
DSC03138.jpg

I noticed this the other day when I was under there looking for the exhaust leak that has been plaguing my car for weeks now. I am replacing the stock h-pipe with a better condition OEM h-pipe and I was thinking, would it be a good idea to replace the stock over axle pipes because they are bent and beat to hell and rusting.

I was thinking of getting these from pypes:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/PYP-TFM62/Mustang-Pypes-Stainless-Steel-Over-Axle-Pipes
and new SS clamps from Jegs:
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/30852/10002/-1

What do you guys think? Good idea to replace everything from headers back? I have had it with ****ing exhaust leaks.

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
That's a good price for the OTA pipes. The dealer wants $114 each side.

Thats main reason I am considering it, I am hoping someone who has them can chime in on their quality and fitment. Says direct replacement for stock but in the aftermarket world that doesn't mean anything.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Not a bad idea... If my car wasn't a DD I would do the sane, these winters up here will chew up anything... You should see my ceramic coated headers, salt always wins around here

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea... If my car wasn't a DD I would do the sane, these winters up here will chew up anything... You should see my ceramic coated headers, salt always wins around here

My house overlooks the ocean, the salt water destroys cars, major rust problems. I am hoping the stainless steel pipes are a bit more resistant. Plus they will help with flow a bit, my pipes are really flat where they clear the axle and they are bent and dented all to hell.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back