Refueling and then not starting

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
So I have a 2012 that was previously a salvage which is up and running and clear of the enhanced inspection.
A few months ago when it wasn't quite finished I went to the local gas station and filled it up. Then going to leave it wouldn't start but turned over. It went through 4 start cycles be for either slowly caught and ran. Coughed a bit but no codes.

Now it's on the road and I went to refill again. Same gas station different sid elf pump but again I filled it and no start. Took a few more times this time but coughed a few times and ran. No codes and once it started it fired up right away. Front only wreck. Anyone come across this?

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Was this in consecutive refills? Almost sounds like ignition gets killed and the engine loads up...

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
Yes. The only other gas going into the car was by a 5 gal jug but that was previous to the gas station refill. Only been to a gas station twice. Next time I will try leaving it running

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Maybe fuel delivery. Cavitation after fueling all the way to the top maybe? Try not topping it off next time and see what she does...

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
I think it has something to do with the vapor recovery system or whatever it's called that right under the gas tank. I have so much custom work done to this I'm surprised this is the only issue

Back