Resistor size for evap delete?

moooosestang

Reaction score
Has anyone used resistors to fool the computer when removing the evap canister system for the gas tank? I did with with great success for my airbags, even the seat belt sensor. They all took a 2.2 omh 1/2 watt resistor. i tried ohming out the valve in the engine compartment and got 3.7ohm.

I'm pretty sure no tuner is going to write a new tune to remove this now, just like you can't buy an off road X pipe anymore.

moooosestang

Reaction score
Hmmm, got 61ohm for the sensor on the charcoal canister. There's a pressure sensor, I assume, in the vent line for the tank that runs to the charcoal canister. It has 3 wires. i just left it plugged in. It might throw a code just because it won't see any pressure above atmosperic, lol! Did anyone leave all the lines and just disconnect them? I wondering if the vent line will be fine the way it is, running from the passenger side tank to the bottom of the trunk, then back down to the spare tire well. I just left all the lines and removed the purge valve/bracket under the hood and the charcoal canister. just those things weigh 15lbs.

Removing all the lines was going to involve cutting them and i don't have a good tool for that. I really need some of those curved snips for large gauge wire to get in there to cut that steel line.

moooosestang

Reaction score
well 4.4ohm for the purge valve in the engine bay and 60ohm for the canister valve seem to be working. i ran two 30ohm resistors in series to get 60ohms. I left the gas tank pressure sensor plugged in and just tied the hose up under the car for now.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
You may be able to trick the computer for the missing valve, but not the evap leak tests. It will throw the light for either a leak detected or valve stuck open/closed.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back