RetroGT2006s Interior Swap

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score
That's what people on the forum claimed, but they've never done it so they can't say. The Ford dealership I bought it from said they fit and as I already found out, they do. :) more pix tomorrow, but it'll be on my digital cam, not my phone.

OK, bear with me but I'm still not seeing how the back seats will work. Here's a pic of the 11's. Those don't look anything like the 10 and older rear seats. I don't see how that could even begin to work.

2011-ford-mustang-gt-rear-seats.jpg

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Alter, I agree.. when I bought them/ received them they were labeled 11 seats. I noticed the big difference when I did a search online.. so yeah I guess these r 2010.

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score
Alter, I agree.. when I bought them/ received them they were labeled 11 seats. I noticed the big difference when I did a search online.. so yeah I guess these r 2010.

OK, good to know. I think I'll give Ford a call tomorrow and see how much they will charge me. There's a new 10 set on ebay right now, but it's a 335.00 shipped with some time to go.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
OK, good to know. I think I'll give Ford a call tomorrow and see how much they will charge me. There's a new 10 set on ebay right now, but it's a 335.00 shipped with some time to go.

Probably an arm and a leg.. Ford wanted to charge me $455 for just all black carpet, not including floormats... I went through Boozshey aka Bruce for the carpet n floormats out of the gt500 and he got me a deal. I bought the seat covers from ford but it was like a liquidation sale.

eric5oh

Reaction score
How hard was the swap? It looks like there are just plastic clips, no hog rings? I bought a set of takeoff 2010 GT500 covers and I hate my 2 tone C/S covers. I should probably wait until summer so I can bake them in the sun, but staring at them sitting on the shelf is murder.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
How hard was the swap? It looks like there are just plastic clips, no hog rings? I bought a set of takeoff 2010 GT500 covers and I hate my 2 tone C/S covers. I should probably wait until summer so I can bake them in the sun, but staring at them sitting on the shelf is murder.

Eric i say just do them! I did mine when it was in the 20s and it was a high of 50s for a good week or so after.. As for how hard it was, it really took some effort, i had never done anything like it but boy did i cut my hands and arms up quite a bit lol. I constantly found myself fighting to get the stuff on. doing the carpet, and rear seats on one day was easy as hell. The fronts took some serious effort to make everything line up and what not. No there are plastic clips and hog rings... Mine had a lot of um lol.

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score
Well, thanks to you I just broke down and bought a set off ebay. Ebony ones off a 2010. I love my red, but it's time for a change. Paid 334.00 shipped NIB. Figure I can sell mine which are like new, and recoup a few bucks.

Last edited:

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Well, thanks to you I just broke down and bought a set off ebay. Ebony ones off a 2010. I love my red, but it's time for a change. Paid 334.00 shipped NIB. Figure I can sell mine which are like new, and recoup a few bucks.

:beer: Glad i can help spend some of your $ bro! I expect to see some before and afters!! See i posted up my whole stock interior for cheap but noone wants it i guess.

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score
:beer: Glad i can help spend some of your $ bro! I expect to see some before and afters!! See i posted up my whole stock interior for cheap but noone wants it i guess.

OK, my turn to spend your money, lol.

I also just got done installing my TCI a few days ago. Other than the freaking PITA trans clip which I couldn't get off to save my life, it went pretty smooth. Huge improvement over that cheesy factory plastic one Ford sticks us with.

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score
dang Alter i bet some red leather would look good in my white car ;) haha

It sure would, wink wink.

I'll probably kick myself for changing it out; same as my Cervinis kit and Vortech I sold, lol.

That's the problem with having your car parked for 5 months at a shot, you get bored and need something to work on.

My other reason for changing it is; I'm looking at doing something wild with a center stripe this go around. I did dual gray ones last time. Now I'm thinking about a wide center with 2 chasers, maybe in a copper color. I thought it would clash with the interior.

Last edited:

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
OK, my turn to spend your money, lol.

I also just got done installing my TCI a few days ago. Other than the freaking PITA trans clip which I couldn't get off to save my life, it went pretty smooth. Huge improvement over that cheesy factory plastic one Ford sticks us with.

I do want the TCI shifter! =/. Same with 99-04 black saleens (i'm getting brembos real soon)... At this rate, i'll never finish my turbo build!

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score
Yup. I'm trying like hell to not add up all the money I've spend, and have yet to spend, on this current go around.

When I bought the car, I convinced the wife I'd leave it alone, lulz. I need to take up a cheaper hobby. Between HT, the Mustang, and fishing; I'm freaking broke. I hear basket weaving's nice. :D

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Yup. I'm trying like hell to not add up all the money I've spend, and have yet to spend, on this current go around.

When I bought the car, I convinced the wife I'd leave it alone, lulz. I need to take up a cheaper hobby. Between HT, the Mustang, and fishing; I'm freaking broke. I hear basket weaving's nice. :D

Hahaha, when i got this car 4+ years ago (18years old) i was so stoked my dad was helping me out by taking the loan out in his name and what not i said "I'm so happy dad, i just want it please!! I'll leave it alone i promise." As i sat in the car on the showroom floor! I was a :liar:.. He still throws that in my face till this day when he sees i bought something else.. hahaha I said your an idiot if you really think i could leave my most prized possession alone. I had always wanted one and now that i got it i can't leave it alone. As for hobbies, i used to skateboard- i need to get back into it i think lol..

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
haha go for it man! its probably really relaxing as well x)

i used to skateboard(until i broke my leg really bad lol), used to race sprint cars(Until i started college), now only hobbies are the gf and moddin' the stang (=

Last edited:

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
haha go for it man! its probably really relaxing as well x)

i used to skateboard(until i broke my leg really bad lol), used to race sprint cars(Until i started college), now only hobbies are the gf and moddin' the stang (=

Luckily *Knock on wood* i have never broken a bone in my body from skateboarding. With all the huge ramps, skateboarding off 2nd story roofs, gaps, jumping the 10 stair etc i never broke anything besides my decks. Granted i got nasty gashes, stitches, sprained ankles, arm- nothing a splint couldn't fix though. Looking back growing up with my boy Kel, we used to skate all the time, buy new parts when we broke stuff etc. Every saturday we would spend the whole day street skating, we build ramps, boxes, bought rails etc. We would order pizza and just skate sun up to sun down. Always good times. Alright done rambling.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
what are you throwing out?

I finally did my front seats last week and they came out fine, it was just timing consuming and me being sick didn't help but i'm too damn impatient to wait any longer.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
what are you throwing out?

I finally did my front seats last week and they came out fine, it was just timing consuming and me being sick didn't help but i'm too damn impatient to wait any longer.

Nothing now. I threw out my stock carpet and just sold off the rest of the interior on the forum.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back