RetroGT2006s Interior Swap

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
^Oh shit, quick glance before on my cellphone and i thought maybe it was a manual.. Very nice, that is my next mod i think.

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
My Favorite mod in the car ;) Added a raptor shift light and the 4:10s and this thing from 1st to D is fun as hell slapping the gears up !

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
My Favorite mod in the car ;) Added a raptor shift light and the 4:10s and this thing from 1st to D is fun as hell slapping the gears up !
Oh i bet! See my problem with the stock shifter being left in D is this.. When i get on it from a dig or a first gear roll- i spin them so hard through out the gear, hits second, then 3rd and the 285s finally catch grip. Then the car realizes how fast it is really going, slams down into 2nd gear while i am still at WOT and when it hits redline at 6500 it bangs off the rev limiter and doesn't shift to 3rd again. I have to completely let off =/.

I feel like this shifter will resolve all of that since i can keep it in whatever gear.

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
I have full suspension so getting on it from a dig the tires literally plant and go .... Its fun as hell when street light racing and then on my nice 2 hr commute in HEAVY HEAVY traffic its great. Althought from time to time i do miss the banging of gears ;(

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I have full suspension so getting on it from a dig the tires literally plant and go .... Its fun as hell when street light racing and then on my nice 2 hr commute in HEAVY HEAVY traffic its great. Althought from time to time i do miss the banging of gears ;(

What is your suspension setup and tire size/model?

Suspension wise i have FRPP Lowering springs, Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates, 1 set of camber bolts still in there, Roush stage 3 sway bar out back, BMR LCAs, BMR Relocation brackets- welded in.. Running a Nitto nt555 out back in a 285/35/18

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
What was the company you bought them from? Link?

Here it is bro! They raised the price a little.. Overall still dirt cheap ;)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

NEVERMIND, i see they ran out of the right seat covers.. This is straight from their page- the link above will not fit...

"
We are officially out of the 2005-2010 Ford Mustang Leather Seat Kits. They are no longer available. All we will have are kits for the 2011 Ford Mustang which will not fit any other year."

As promised, here are the pictures of the finished product. 2011 seat covers on a 06 seat. Overall fit is great, there are a few lil areas that aren't tight but i knew that when ordering them. Overall, i love it and am happy as fuck on how it came out. Talk about a complete PITFA to do tho!!!

DSC01241.jpg

DSC01243.jpg

DSC01244.jpg

DSC01245.jpg

DSC01242.jpg

Last edited:

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
Adj. LCA, Adj Upper CA, Adj. Panhand bar, Panhand Bar Brace. LCA re-location brackets, adj. Front and Rear sway bars, some other BMR odd and ends, Shelby KR stuts and shocks and H&R SS. Tires are 275/40/18 all around with the 99-04 offset rims.

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
which seat leather covers are the ones with the single stripe up the seats? the 2010? or are some of the 2011s that way also?

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
ok sweet i have always thought a set of those would go nicely in my car somewhere down the road (=

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah it is and I like the interior now I'm just talkng down the line when my seats start to show a lot of wear

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Oh gotcha, yeah my stock seats were doing fine i just wanted black interior so i said f it and spent the $.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Hmmm. I was all over doing this a couple months ago, but someone told me they wouldn't work on the older seats as there was a difference in the back or head rest. You had no issues with them installed on pre 11 seats?

it was the rear seats, and someone said the leather was a little loose at the very front of the rear seat cushions. But in every picture I've seen of a switch it looked fine.

FYI I saw some Roush, 2 tone leather black/yellow covers on fleabay a couple days agao. IIRC they were less than $200.

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
That was me! ;) The leather is a little loose AT first .. let it sit in the sun or BLAST the heat in the car for about 2 hours with the windows up and the seats will shrink up to the seat its self .. ;)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back