RMG vinyl blackout installed

balls8302

Reaction score
pic of my newly installed vinyl blackout from rocky mountain graphics. fit was perfect, hole cut out for rear medallion was spot on. just enough over hang on bottom and sides to wrap edges. was my first time doing vinyl, and have to admit, its pretty damn easy once you get it lined up, and finishing off with a hair dryer makes its fit nice and tight.

think i need to go a little darker with the tails??? thoughts on blacking out medallion???

30491_416740844904_648044904_403-1.jpg

balls8302

Reaction score
that black one looks pretty good. in more sunlight and at a lower angle the tails are a little lighter than they appear to be. i dont think i'm going to paint them darker but maybe try some smoked vinyl overlays. if they are too dark after those i'll just peel em off.

balls8302

Reaction score
its the pypes m80's (mid mounted) and the pipes 4" tips, they need realigned and cleaned real bad. the tips were straight as an arrow when they were welded on but have moved a little somehow. they also need moved back under the car about an inch, i've just dealt with it for a while and i'm sick of them sticking out too far now. should be getting that taken care of next weekend. sounds great but i'm ready for more noise one way or another

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
its the pypes m80's (mid mounted) and the pipes 4" tips, they need realigned and cleaned real bad. the tips were straight as an arrow when they were welded on but have moved a little somehow. they also need moved back under the car about an inch, i've just dealt with it for a while and i'm sick of them sticking out too far now. should be getting that taken care of next weekend. sounds great but i'm ready for more noise one way or another

Haha i thought their was something going on there!

balls8302

Reaction score
Haha i thought their was something going on there!

yeah its unacceptable the way it looks hanging all weird like that. it sits in the garage most of the time so i haven't worried about getting it straightened out. looked under the car a couple hours ago while i was in the garage, the same section of welds is broke on each side :tdown:. didn't notice them cracked and broke last time i looked under there. oh well soon it will be fixed.

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
yeah its unacceptable the way it looks hanging all weird like that. it sits in the garage most of the time so i haven't worried about getting it straightened out. looked under the car a couple hours ago while i was in the garage, the same section of welds is broke on each side :tdown:. didn't notice them cracked and broke last time i looked under there. oh well soon it will be fixed.

Shit well best of luck buddy! Let us know when their fixed, take some more pics! :thumb:

balls8302

Reaction score
vht nightshades, lots of wet sanding, more wet sanding, clear, buff/wax...blah blah. took my time and they came out pretty nicenice, just gotta be patient using that stuff

Back