Roll Bar + 5 point Harness + Stock Seats

Sleeper_08

forum member
Reaction score
Is anyone running a roll bar with a 5 point harness and stock seats for track days?

My car has cloth seats so they grip more than leather but they also contain the side airbags so removing them gets even more complicated.

Your thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated.

marksti

forum member
Reaction score
Is anyone running a roll bar with a 5 point harness and stock seats for track days?

My car has cloth seats so they grip more than leather but they also contain the side airbags so removing them gets even more complicated.

Your thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated.
Colin S. from Griggs has some in his car...his seat/roll bar/harnass setup must work well since he also has quite a fast car and i haven't heard him talkin about changing them out.

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
You're modifying your stock seats to accomodate the 5 point harness? I'm not sure how that's possible with either the leather or cloth covered seats, but I'm interested in knowing too.

The sub belt would have to loop in front of the stock seat, instead of coming up to the harness through the seat from several inches back. In a wreck, there is a good chance that you will still submarine enough to to let the lap belt slide off your hip bones resulting in some severely mangled internals.

Last edited:

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Two words: Belt guides.

As was mentioned, the anti-sub strap will be in completely the wrong place, and with no retention on the shoulder straps, they could easily slip off your torso... Generally not a good idea.

Swapping out seats in this chassis is such a piece of cake, though, that there's no reason you can't develop a setup for the track, and just swap them in before you go. Two nuts, two bolts, and ONE electrical connector, and the stock seat is out.

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
whats the best way to figure out the set you like best

i just figured out today that i dont like the stock seats

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
whats the best way to figure out the set you like best

i just figured out today that i dont like the stock seats

Find a performance shop that carries race seats so you can sit in them and see which style best fits and suits your needs. You might always want to search the Sparco and Corbeau homepages and do a search for Sparco and Corbeau vendors near in your area. You definitely want to sit in one before you buy it.

Kaldar142

Reaction score
Two words: Belt guides.

As was mentioned, the anti-sub strap will be in completely the wrong place, and with no retention on the shoulder straps, they could easily slip off your torso... Generally not a good idea.

Swapping out seats in this chassis is such a piece of cake, though, that there's no reason you can't develop a setup for the track, and just swap them in before you go. Two nuts, two bolts, and ONE electrical connector, and the stock seat is out.

Not to mention lots of room to work with!

Super easy to pull the seats out, i pull mine out when i clean the interior.

Find a performance shop that carries race seats so you can sit in them and see which style best fits and suits your needs. You might always want to search the Sparco and Corbeau homepages and do a search for Sparco and Corbeau vendors near in your area. You definitely want to sit in one before you buy it.

Sparco FTW!

Love my Evo 2s, comfortable enough to daily drive in :)

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
Find someone with different kind of seats and test them out.

I sat in a sparco (forgot which one) then I sat in a recaro Spg and I loved it. I have one waiting to be put in now.

Thevesh

Reaction score
I am using Sparcos as well. What I like about them besides marvelous support in corners is the reclining ability with memory. I can occasionally safely drive my children to kinder garden :)

Jan

Attachments

• sparco.jpg
    sparco.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 40

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Female corner carver with a mustang?..Will you marry me? I mean, uhh..Welcome to the forum!

lol.

Could be a surprising wedding for you, Asshole! Going by the license plate in the avatar, Thevesh is in Germany...and an interesting bit of trivia for you is that Jan is a male's name over in the Land-o-Nurburgring. :)

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
love the summit seats. on sale now for 135 per seat. fully recline with memory, have the belt guides built in, shaves some weight, and is a leather simulate.

DSCN0301.jpg

Reaction score
Could be a surprising wedding for you, Asshole! Going by the license plate in the avatar, Thevesh is in Germany...and an interesting bit of trivia for you is that Jan is a male's name over in the Land-o-Nurburgring. :)

LMAO. I know nuthing, NUTHIING!

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nothing is simply gonig to bolt in to these cars. I bought the 05 Mustang corbeau brackets and mounted the seats to them. all i had to do was widen the sliders that come with the corbeau brackets and ditch the summit sliders. took drilling 4 holes to make it work.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back