Roll Bar Install

spyder7724

Reaction score
So I'm doing the roll bar finally. I'll post some pics tomorrow. I'm looking for other members ideas and pics especially ones with side bar swing outs. i've ordered some comp engineering kits just cause the ART and Alston ones are so freaking expensive. the roll bar kit was $139 plus shipping $80 and the clevis style swing outs are like $300 ....WTF ! so i'm going the cheaper route but i'll try to finish off everything nicely. just looking for other ideas or pics.:idea:
right now the main hoop and rear strut bars are tack welded in and tonight i got door bars bent, notched and ready for the swing outs.

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Good luck. I used the ART swingouts in my last car. They are pricey, but I think worth it.

DSC02226.jpg

spyder7724

Reaction score
so had both door bars all bent and ready for the swing outs. i get the swing out kits in and hack up my drivers side bar to install the swing outs which BTW took about 6 hours (comp engineering kits) and it looked like shit. set it up just like their directions tell you and there's a huge freaking gap between the bars for clearance so it will swing and didn't like how it swung open either.....so i cut the crap back out and have to bend another door bar and i'm just going to make them bolt in and out no swinging. i don't mind climbing over the bar i just want to be able to remove them so the seats can be removed etc.
this all happened last weekend...got pissed and went to the beach for a week now i'm much calmer and ready to finish this job up.
sucks cause the main hoop and rear struts floor plates etc. all went in without a hitch....i though the door bars would be the easy part......

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I have the Comp kit , but I use two pins instead of bolts. Nice and easy to remove .

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
i got the wolfe racing chrome moly kit with swingouts on both sides. sorry i dont have pics sinse im deployed but the kit is well worth the coin. the best quality cage ive seen.

cycosarge

forum member
Reaction score
I've got the Maximum Motorsports cage. It is NHRA legal and it is a bolt in kit. I did it all myself in 2 days.

redfire_gt

Reaction score
hey spyder can u post pic of ur cage so far...it seems like a good price...

spyder7724

Reaction score
hey spyder can u post pic of ur cage so far...it seems like a good price...
okay price but it is a hell of a lot of work and if you don't have benders and welders you're SOL
here's a couple pics. it's not so much as the CE swingouts are poor quality i just don't like the way they tell you to install them so i'm just going to use them as anchors and make the bars removable but not swing outs. the only thing i really care about is being able to pull out the seats and work on things inside if need be.

Attachments

• rollbar 001.jpg
    rollbar 001.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 127
  • rollbar 002.jpg
    rollbar 002.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 119
  • rollbar 003.jpg
    rollbar 003.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 122

spyder7724

Reaction score
all done last weekend and got the seat belts installed carpet and back seat in this week. ready to race. i didn't tig weld it cause i got impatient i just want to race now that the weather is getting nice here....gonna be around 60degrees sat night :) guess the f'n seats are coming right back out again:crazy:

Attachments

• rollbardone 001.jpg
    rollbardone 001.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 81
  • rollbardone 002.jpg
    rollbardone 002.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 86
  • rollbardone 003.jpg
    rollbardone 003.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 73
  • rollbardone 004.jpg
    rollbardone 004.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 76
  • rollbardone 005.jpg
    rollbardone 005.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 86

spyder7724

Reaction score
Looks great Ron!
thanks i'm gonna detail it sat am then go test and tune sat night...haven't run this engine in really good weather yet so i'm hoping even with the extra weight to drop into the 10.80's

spyder7724

Reaction score
went to the track tonight for the first time with the roll bar...and none of the tech guys f'd with me finally :)
even with the extra 100+lbs. it went 10.991 @ 122.88 with a 1.480 60' and had the front tires 3 inches in the air on that pass....got to get rid of that extra weight i put in now....don't want to lose the AC or PS but i'' start looking around for shit i can remove ....or go on a serious diet after all i'm 6'3" and 238lbs so maybe i can drop 30-40 myself :)

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
all done last weekend and got the seat belts installed carpet and back seat in this week. ready to race. i didn't tig weld it cause i got impatient i just want to race now that the weather is getting nice here....gonna be around 60degrees sat night :) guess the f'n seats are coming right back out again:crazy:

looks killer man !

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back