Rotating Power Steering Pump Hard Lines

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I have run into a bit of an issue with my swap. My PS bracket has my hard line that shoots off the pump and straight into the sway bar bushing saddle. Has anyone ever rotated one of these fittings successfully? I am worried about damaging the fitting and it leaking afterwards.

The line I'm talking to is like the top line on this pump:

lrs-3674brm_4741.jpg

travelers

Reaction score
I haven't but a good machine shop should be able to remove it and thread the housing so you could put a fitting of your choice in there.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
We ended up just rotating it around with some brute force. We will see if it leaks. Hopefully not, but it seemed to rotate tightly, so I don't think it will leak.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
A little JB Weld cant hurt. LOL! If it becomes a concern with a leak, you can always remove the pump and knowing the specific location you need weld it on.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Cross that bridge when we get there! I can always pop the pump off, throw some loctite retaining compound in it, and see how it works. Fingers crossed it won't come to that.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
For anyone thats wondering how this turned out, or anyone in the future that needs to do this... It's working great! I haven't seen any leaks and the power steering is working great. YMMV, but this worked out perfectly for me.

T-minus 20 minutes until the fitting blows out :lol:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back