Roush TVS 2300 Phase 1 Install.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
If it's a 3v then you shouldn't need a can on the passenger side. You can pull the line off and check for oil inside once in a while if you want, just the driver's side pulls oil.

Thanks again for the extra wiring harness and alternator bracket. Looks like I'll be able to reroute two of the four lines I have from the front of the motor to the back, should clean it up a bit. :hi:

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Skwerl: What wideband are you running? I have an aeroforce gauge, and am considering the aeroforce wideband kit.
Happy to hear that the parts made it to you, and you can use them, thanks again for all of the help.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm running an AEM I picked up used on the forum. If I were to buy new I'd get something that matched my other gauges better though. I'm not fond of the red digital display on mine. At some point when I'm rich I'll get all matching, color coordinated gauges instead of the mishmash I have now.

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
That's why I am leaning towards the aeroforce wideband, keep everything in one gauge. Was going to install my aeroforce boost sensor today, but I had to order a 5v regulator that is required for install, but not included in the boost sensor kit. Aeroforce seemed like a good deal when I bought it, but having to buy all these extra's is really adding up.

bcb06gt

Reaction score
That's why I am leaning towards the aeroforce wideband, keep everything in one gauge. Was going to install my aeroforce boost sensor today, but I had to order a 5v regulator that is required for install, but not included in the boost sensor kit. Aeroforce seemed like a good deal when I bought it, but having to buy all these extra's is really adding up.

I went with the Aeroforce gauge and added the boost sensor to it. I bought a 5V regulator fairly cheap and in the end I am glad I went that route. Still have the 1 analog input available. I actually need a 5V source for something else later on, so I was able to tap off the existing regulator.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Anthony,
This morning I installed the wiring harness and alternator bracket you sent me. It sure cleaned that area up a lot. My positive cable off the alternator is now routed down and behind the blower instead of up front under the blower snout and over the top of the alternator. It's still pretty tight but I got everything tucked in there fine.

IMG_2494.jpg

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good Brian.
Still trying to resolve some small issues with my install, latest is DTC P0171(system too lean bank 1). Going off what I found searching the forum, I am going to clean the MAF(Roush filter was a little oily coming out of the bag). Double check all of my cold air intake connections, and I already installed a new fuel filter when I had the car apart for the install.
After that, I have to do the 1,000rpm to redline in 4th gear datalog. Trying to find an out of the way place with a long stretch of road as I will probably be going over 100mph.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Well, you live in the middle of the desert. Pick a direction and start driving out of town. :roflmao:

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
I wish it were that easy, too many cops around here. Last thing I need is to get popped for 100+mph speeding ticket. Was hoping to do my datalogging on the dyno at Shelby American speed shop, but they are booked until the middle of next month. When they get an opening, I am taking it there for dyno and datalog.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
$150 for 3 pulls sounds expensive!
If you're going to drive a supercharged Mustang then you need one of these. Cheaper than a speeding ticket (when you consider the insurance hit) so if it saves you from just one ticket then it's paid for itself. I have mine hard wired with the remote display mounted in the dash so it's on all the time. I disabled X and K bands so I don't get false alarms, cops here only use Ka and laser. With K band enabled it goes off within a quarter mile of any drug or grocery store (auto door openers).
https://store.valentine1.com/store/

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Andy ....

Just read all the posts on your Thread.

Nice going and I agree with going to a Shop you can {Totally} trust.

Terry

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Just got back from doing the 4th gear 1,000 rpm-6,500 rpm data log. Drove way out of town, and found a nice stretch of road. Also hopefully resolved my DTC P0171, issue by cleaning the MAF. Next up is for Justin at VMP to review the data logs and see how everything looks.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

I tapped into a switched 5v supply in the engine bay. They are there but you have to find them with a voltmeter.

You can get an lc-1 sensor and controller for about $130. Run the output to the analog input on your gauge. You will have to plug the slope and intercept in but you will have to do that with the Aeroforce too. I've had both a prefer the Innovate LC-1. For about $160 you can get an LC-1 with a gauge in red, blue, or green led display with a black face.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Roush vent pods can still be found for about $20. An easy way to add an extra gauge without a lot of work and it's not all in-your-face like an A pillar pod or dash pod.

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Bruce, I was looking at the Innovatice LC-1 in green. I am already running my aeroforce in a roush pod to the left of the steering wheel, and don't really want to add another vent pod. That is why I am leaning toward the aeroforce wideband.

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Brian: Still driving it pretty easy, but any time I get into the boost it puts a big smile on my face. Justin did the first tune revision, and so far, so good. After I install my wideband, I will do another data log and send it off to Justin for another look.
I have 285/40/18 Nitto 555's and they spin any time I get into the throttle, which is okay for now as I am still running the stock clutch. My next set of tires will be drag radials, and I am leaning towards the Nitto NT05R.
Congrats on the 135mph trap speed, your car is a beast!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Keep in mind the knock sensors are still intact and fully functional. Even if the tune happens to be a bit lean in spots, the computer will pull timing if it detects any signs of detonation and protect your engine. Go ahead and have fun, you won't blow it up. The revisions will be for better performance, not to save your engine. It's already safe.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good Brian.
Still trying to resolve some small issues with my install, latest is DTC P0171(system too lean bank 1). Going off what I found searching the forum, I am going to clean the MAF(Roush filter was a little oily coming out of the bag). Double check all of my cold air intake connections, and I already installed a new fuel filter when I had the car apart for the install.
After that, I have to do the 1,000rpm to redline in 4th gear datalog. Trying to find an out of the way place with a long stretch of road as I will probably be going over 100mph.

Justin sez you can also do the data log in 2nd or 3rd gear. In 4th gear,
6k rpm on my 2010 auto with the oem 3.31 rear gear and 285-40-18's = 150 mph. 3rd gear works fine. Plan B is to use 4th gear...on a dyno.

Jimbo

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back