Roush TVS 2300 Phase 1 Install.

KonaBlue11

forum member
Reaction score
I don't want to detract from your last question other than to say, great job on the build, and trying to get it to manage scorching heat at the same time.

I'm going the route of a Roush stage 1, with a quick bump up to stage 2 after inspection. My dad was a mechanic for 30-40 years and has a shop with every conceivable tool. If I had a walk me by the hand installation manual for my 2011 GT, what do you think could be your best guess as to how long it would take start to the point that you have a drivable car again?

I'll do a month or two pre-planning, and learning, but I'd like to get an idea of how long my car would be down, baring any massive screw ups? It's my daily driver, and he lives 3 hours away. Ideally, I'd like to take 4-5 days, 6 if it's necessary, and blast thru it.

It finally donned on me tonight that I could accomplish this myself and learn a lot in the process, as apposed to paying some shop $4,000 or so to do it for me.

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
KonaBlue11: when I did the install, I was planning on it taking four long days. It ended up taking me almost 7 days and about 70 hours, doing the install by myself(but with a lot of help from my peeps on this forum, thanks again everyone!) if you plan ahead, have all the tools and parts you will need ready to go, you could do the install in your 4-6 day window. Please let me know if you have any specific questions about the install, and I will do my best to help you out.

KonaBlue11

forum member
Reaction score
I'll just need to learn if any grinding is necessary. I read about the housing of the alternator clearance on the driver side fuel rail.

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Kona: TVS install on the 11 and up 5.0's will be a bit different than the install on my 08. I think you will have to do some grinding on the engine front cover, not sure about the alternator. See if you can find the roush install PDF online, and spend some time reading through it so you can plan ahead for what you will need to do, and the tools you will need. I did this, and it helped quite a bit.

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got the car on the dyno, and dyno tuned. Baselined 412 rwhp and 394 rwtq with my email tune. After tuner worked his magic it put down 440 rwhp and 395 rwtq on 7 psi of boost. Could not wipe the smile off my face on the drive home!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Finally got the car on the dyno, and dyno tuned. Baselined 412 rwhp and 394 rwtq with my email tune. After tuner worked his magic it put down 440 rwhp and 395 rwtq on 7 psi of boost. Could not wipe the smile off my face on the drive home!

Andy,

Congratulations on your new S/C and the Dyno Reports. :clap:

Have FUN driving it now.

Terry

Back