Roush TVS Stage 2 installed

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
First, Thanks Jim III for working through all the PITA stuff involved with sending packages that big to Germany. You were patient with me, and I was doing my best to remain patient with you. Inevitably, nothing is ever easy when attempting to ship into Germany. Deutsche Customs wanted 2000 Euros! US Customs went to bat for me and got me out of the fee.

In any case, after dealing with both US and Deutsche Customs, I picked up the kit at Stuttgart International a couple of weeks ago and went straight to the local Mustang expert to schedule an installation date. I struggled over whether I wanted to do the install myself, but since I have more money than experience when it comes to something as complicated as a SC install, I opted to let the speed shop do it. Plus, they are Mustang Gurus and have a Superflow Dyno to tune the car with. As I type, the SC is installed and the car is on the Dyno getting tuned.

Jim, you guys still owe me a tune. Last time I talked with you (on my dime) you said you had plenty of time to get me a tune since it would take me three days to install the kit. That was about two weeks ago, so I would appreciate if you would send me the tune now. Yes, I am getting a dyno tune, but I also want the infamous JDM tune I paid for to store on my SCT.

Thx for everything Jim. I would recommend JDM to my military brothers and sisters here in Germany any time.

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
Just got the car back from the tuner. It made 467/459 with only 14 degrees of ignition timing. Per my desire, he kept it conservative for the sake of the engine. Lots of room to grow in the future.

---
- Tapatalk makes me look incoherent

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
Thx dude. Heading out tomorrow morning for some autobahn action and with some luck will find another driver with the same thing in mind.

---

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Just got the car back from the tuner. It made 467/459 with only 14 degrees of ignition timing. Per my desire, he kept it conservative for the sake of the engine. Lots of room to grow in the future.

---

Congrats! That close to where I'd like to be on stock bottom. Somewhere between 475-500 for me.:beerdrink:

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
Thx man. I am having a hard time adjusting though. I keep hitting the rev limiter. I am not used to the car revving so fast. It doesn't help that I lowered the limiter to 6100 as an added safety measure.

Truthfully I have never had any luck getting a good 2cd to 3rd shift. I missed 3rd today playing around with a vette. Embarrassing. I might upgrade the shifter for that reason alone.

Having said that, I am having a blast "relearning" the car:)

---

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Thx man. I am having a hard time adjusting though. I keep hitting the rev limiter. I am not used to the car revving so fast. It doesn't help that I lowered the limiter to 6100 as an added safety measure.

Truthfully I have never had any luck getting a good 2cd to 3rd shift. I missed 3rd today playing around with a vette. Embarrassing. I might upgrade the shifter for that reason alone.

Having said that, I am having a blast "relearning" the car:)

---

Enjoy the new found power!!!!!!:beerchug2:

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
Its the stock shifter. My car has the rapid spec 401a package, so it's the aluminum ball.

The car is so different from
It's stock form. I'm used to WOT throttle being several seconds, now it's just a blink of the eye.

---

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
You don't have to have a different shifter for it to shift smoother and easier, I put a hurst pistol grip and I can rip gears just as fast on the stock shifter as with my mgw!! Plus it it just feels better in your hand than the ball.

It took me a couple days of WOT shifts to get used to the way it torqued after the vortech

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
I need something! When I was a 19 year old kid, I had an old camaro with a 4 speed. I bought a hurst short throw shifter that bolted on the case of the M21. That shifter was awesome. There was like 2" of travel between the gears and it felt so positive and natural. I would love to have something like that for my mustang.

---

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Congrats on the new install! I really need to find a bag of money so I can get a blower!

Looking forward to the vids!

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
Will do. The weather holds nice today, I'll try tonight after work

Tapatalk makes me look incoherent

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow awesome numbers and glad to hear you have everything going! I was happy to answer your questions, if there is anything you need let me know! Also the tune will be taken care of right away. Give me a call when you get a chance and Ill get my father right on it.

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of videos my kid took after work today. Arent the best quality, but you get the picture. In the second video there was some road crew with a jack hammer if you are wondering what that noise was.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back