RPM vs ET

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Alright, so I can't get into 2nd or 3rd very easily above 6k rpms, looks like I'll have to pull the tranny to check the synchros. In the meantime, I'm thinking about setting my shift light at 5600 rpm so I can get into gear by 6k rpm.

What type of impact can this have on ET? Do you see it dropping the ETs? Previously I had the shift light set at 6500rpm.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Figured someone around here would have a spreadsheet built for this or something. How about some guesstimates at least. :leghump:

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Figured someone around here would have a spreadsheet built for this or something. How about some guesstimates at least. :leghump:
strictly speaking - I am not sure that is spread-sheet-able in the manner you seek... It is a function of the shape of your power curve - specifically how far down in power are you AFTER you shift into the next gear?

You are loosing power to the wheels by dragging the engine down below its peak power. So, very roughly, you can take the average power your engine produces from where you enter a gear to where you leave it to go to the next gear. The loss in "area under the curve" from your 6500 scenario to your 5800 scenario should then translate into HP vs ET.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back