S197 1/8 mile times

07mustangGT

Reaction score
I have a auto 2007 Mustang Gt. All I have done is a bama tune, CAI, o/r xpipe and magnaflow axle backs. My car came with 3.31 gears from factory. I took it to the track a few months ago and raced a new 5.0 with a few bolt ons and he ran a 8.4 and I ran a 8.6. What does everyone else run in the 1/8 because I seem to be running a lot faster than I should be for what I have done. All the other 3vs around where I live are no where as quick as my car is and they have more mods than me too.

07mustangGT

Reaction score
Yea I've seen that but it doesn't show if they have headers or running nitrous.

Last edited:

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
8.40's with the same mods except suspension work, tires and a 5 speed. What's your elevation?

07mustangGT

Reaction score
I have no clue lol. I just installed 4.10 gears a few weeks ago. Hoping to touch 8.3. What suspension work do you have?

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
2013 Cobra Jet springs, bmr non adjustable lca's, bmr relocation brackets set in the middle hole, front swaybar removed. Still running 3.31s. I think with 4.10s and maybe a few more small bolt ons I could touch 7.90s.

07mustangGT

Reaction score
How are the Cobra Jet Springs and front swaybar delete for daily driving? I was thinking about doing both those next for better weight transfer.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
The springs in my opinion are pretty good. They're drag springs, but at the same time they're a lowering spring. I have the 2013 variants. There is also a 2008 variant that keeps you about stock ride height. Weight transfer was decent initially and when I removed the sway bar it became pretty significant as it allowed the front end to flex a good bit.

As for daily driving, you will lose a little responsiveness in your steering and won't be able to carve corners as well, but it's not as bad as alot of people make it out to be. There's more body roll and if it wasn't so low to the ground it would put me in the mind of driving a truck lol.

Pretty much you're just gonna sacrifice being able to rip corners in favor of having better weight transfer and straight line ability.

07mustangGT

Reaction score
How much did the 2013 Cobra Jet springs and sway bar delete cut off your times?

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Well I can say for certain that the sway bar helped by about 1 or 2/10ths. As for the springs I really couldn't say as I put them on before I ever got my drag radials and started shaving time. I wouldn't recommend them with relo brackets though. You'll screw your instant center up. Weight won't be applied to the rear axle correctly because of the angle of your lca's if you lower the car.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just a little FYI, I removed the sway bar and after 20k miles front tires were cupped so bad that it sounded like I had a bearing going out in the wheel spindle. In fact I had the front bearings replaced as well as rear axle bearings, no change. One if the guys at HPP Racing figured out it was the tires being cupped. Cupping was on the inner edge of the tire and not noticeable. BTW, if your car is an Auto, throw a 3k stall converter in it and wave goodbye to your buddies at the track as you kill them out of the hole.

07mustangGT

Reaction score
Yea that's what I'm really trying to do. My friends all have Firebirds and Trans ams. I can out run them now still just trying to keep the edge ;)

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
The cupping issue is odd to me. I know alot of people personally that haven't run a swaybar for years and never experienced that.

Not trying to knock what you said, but are you sure it wasn't possibly related to toe, camber or tire pressure?

07mustangGT

Reaction score
Another question about the sway bar, when you took it off is that all there is to it or is there any other modifications you have to do?

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
That's it. Disconnect it from the radiator support and the mounts on the struts and rock n roll. Its like a total of 6 nuts I think. Really easy.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
I was just looking and my best 8th is 8.22
Stick car, boltons
Im excited by the improvements others are seeing by removing the front bar, I will have to try it the next time out

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back