S197 dash swap

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
Aight fella's, I bought a non repairable GT500. The outside is totally destoyed but eveything else is good. Drivetrain, interior, all electronics ect. So, Im swaping eveything over into a 89 LX coupe, I have done mod swaps before but not nearly like this. I want to use the shelby interior in the fox so i wont have to use the FRPP wiring harness, and it will look so much better. I did a search on S197 dash in fox and found one link but relly didnt have what all he had to do to make it work and was wondering if anyone on here has done it or know anyone or saw anything about the swap that could help me out. I will be posting pics and updates on the project when i get a lil futher along with it. Right now, they are both stripped down to a hull. Thanx in advance for any help

gtcs07

Im just kinda here
Reaction score
I really wish I had some advice here... I mean I put a sn95 dash in a fox but I feel that was much easier then what you looking at. So good luck and keep updating id love to see you make it work

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
Yeh that sounds like a sweet project, curious to see the results.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Aight fella's, I bought a non repairable GT500. The outside is totally destoyed but eveything else is good. Drivetrain, interior, all electronics ect. So, Im swaping eveything over into a 89 LX coupe, I have done mod swaps before but not nearly like this. I want to use the shelby interior in the fox so i wont have to use the FRPP wiring harness, and it will look so much better. I did a search on S197 dash in fox and found one link but relly didnt have what all he had to do to make it work and was wondering if anyone on here has done it or know anyone or saw anything about the swap that could help me out. I will be posting pics and updates on the project when i get a lil futher along with it. Right now, they are both stripped down to a hull. Thanx in advance for any help

never heard of someone trying that before have seen new edge stuff swapped into a fox.

Defiance GT

forum member
Reaction score
I saw this guy who had a fox that had the 3v motor and a bunch of stuff from other year parts. It was crazy 80's 90's 00's all types of parts in this one fox sorry this sounds kinda stupid cuz i dont know everything that he had in it

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
UPDATE...
ok, it fits, a lot of trimming on the dash board and some tabs in the fox had to be removerd and mounting holes fabbed up but she is in there fits really, really good and looks even better. the gt500 heater box was also used. Ill try to get some pic up soon.,

b00stedgt

Reaction score
wow. I cant wait to see some pics of this. Wasnt there an article in 5.0 a while back about someone that put a 5.4 power train in a fox body?

b00stedgt

Reaction score
I think he just put the longblock up for sale, so I doubt there will be any pics anytime soon lol

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
WOW, i kinda forgot i updated this thread, ill get pics 2 morro. Yeah, i think PHP put a gt500 in a fox but used the FRPP wiring harness with the fox dash. Now that the s197 dash fits with the heater box, i have to pull it back out to in stall the gt500 pedals. i didnt know ihad that many people interested in it, but pics will be up shortly.

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
ill post some of the old pics up to give yall an idea of what it looks like. What section to i need to start a thread of the build, so i can start from the begining?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back