FASTEST 1/4MI RUN BY A S550 IN THE ENTIRE GALAXY!!! :iranmaybe:

milky-way.jpg

0-9.13-second-2015-Mustang.jpg

9.13 @ 151mph

http://www.svtperformance.com/2015/08/24/news-9-13-second-2015-mustang-gt/

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
So the STOCK BLOCK AND INTERNALS in this car went 928 rwhp?? Did I read that right or miss if they built the motor up?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
So the STOCK BLOCK AND INTERNALS in this car went 928 rwhp?? Did I read that right or miss if they built the motor up?

That's not stock, LOL. It's Cobra Jet internals in a 2015 stock block and heads.

It's only at 15psi. There is a LOT more in there.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Oh, Ok

I keep losing track of what the "fastest car in the ___________(insert WTF ever here)" consists of!!! LOL!!!

PLee

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be happy to share any details of the car, as there has been a lot done to it, much of which has been shared over on the SVT forum. There's certainly more left in the car, we could only make 3 passes that night. During the first pass, the car got out of the groove and had to shut it down. Gunning for 8's this weekend...

lito

forum member
Reaction score
What is the value if the car doesn't have any S550 transmission, PCM or rear?

So is a S550 body record?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
The same as John Force won with a mustang. Sorry, but if you are removing core things of a '15 mustang, that is not a '15 mustang anymore.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats to Watson. Looking at the slip alone, it's a no brainer this thing has much more in it.

I get everyone's POV. For me personally, it's hard to watch everyone go so fast, so quickly, with different ECUs, etc. I've got a built 2011 Engine, harness, etc etc etc here at my disposal, and thought about swapping over 6 months ago...but I knew people would throw a fit if I did, and claimed a record. lol

It takes a lot of work to do what Watson has done with this car, and they should get some serious credit for it. I think we all wish it was S550 based (more) - but it;s okay that it's not. Sometimes the easier approach is the best approach.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
No there are no rules, and they can do whatever they want, is just my opinion and is only worth to me.

PLee

forum member
Reaction score
The same as John Force won with a mustang. Sorry, but if you are removing core things of a '15 mustang, that is not a '15 mustang anymore.

What happens when anyone else puts an auto tranny in their originally manual car? Are their 1/4 mile times less meaningful then too? What about when they swap the stock 8.8" rear end for a Strange 9"? Or how about a lightweight front k-member? Well, I guess it's core is gone, it's not a Mustang anymore.

I'm not at all being argumentative here, just posing the questions.

To go fast, you have to change parts. Plain and simple. There was nothing easy about building this car as it sits now- it certainly wasn't the 'easier' route to take, to go this fast... but was what we felt to be the best & safest route. Keep in mind MOST of the work done to this car was done for SEMA last year, when hardly anything existed for it. Couldn't tune the car then. Couldn't get down the track without breaking axles then. It still has a '15 block in it. It's still an all-metal '15 body (except hood), with damn near a full interior (no back seat because of cage). It's still 100% street legal, titled, and registered.

Want to see what a '15 can do with stock '15 motor, trans, and rear end? Already been done from what I can tell, and they're all stuck in the mid-9's. Want to run faster? Then stuff has to be changed. Would you feel comfortable with an MT82 behind a 1000+hp motor? How about the stock IRS axles w/ a 1000hp motor?

I should note- we did not build the car solely for the purpose of claiming records- records come and go, and I'm certain someone else will be faster one of these days. We wanted the car to be fast... so we can ALSO test and validate the parts we make for this chassis. Not much credibility for a lightweight front end or fully built 9" rear IRS if you're only running high-9s or 10s, right?

Building a car like this and pushing the envelope is what this hobby is about. Sharing the knowledge learned from going this far with a car is what makes everyone smarter... and faster. If we all sat around and were complacent with stock components, no one would be going as fast as they are today.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
I understand and appreciate the effort on going fast. Congratulations on that.

Yes, I do have a personal issue with "records" there a lot different records, anyone come with a new definition or category where he is a winner and that is what I have an issue with. But again, this is just me.

For me a '15 record is from a car that keeps most of the stock parts and improve them to make them work, going back to proven, old tech is non-sense if you are dealing with a new platform. So there was no access to program the PCM, tough luck. Work on it as some have done and beat that.

To see how far the 11-14 platform went thru the years was amazing, keeping base coyote blocks, transmissions and electronics and improving the stock stuff as possible.

You talk about the MT-82 but what about the 6R80? a 6R80 could have done this time and better but you couldn't use it because you had no way to control it so went the easy way.

You have a fast S550 body car but that is no '15. Sorry, that is how I see it. And again, is just my opinion.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I'm going to go 8's with nawz and slicks yo!

You do know I was kidding about the galactic record thing right? I think these weekly record things are silly. I wasn't poking fun at Watson, the car is bad ass. Just poking at the whole concept of records.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Manuel, I think this was more a dig at AM and their record touting.
Like saying the US has won a consecutive 49 superbowls, and that the rest of the world needs to step up their game.

PLee

forum member
Reaction score
I understand and appreciate the effort on going fast. Congratulations on that.

Yes, I do have a personal issue with "records" there a lot different records, anyone come with a new definition or category where he is a winner and that is what I have an issue with. But again, this is just me.

For me a '15 record is from a car that keeps most of the stock parts and improve them to make them work, going back to proven, old tech is non-sense if you are dealing with a new platform. So there was no access to program the PCM, tough luck. Work on it as some have done and beat that.

To see how far the 11-14 platform went thru the years was amazing, keeping base coyote blocks, transmissions and electronics and improving the stock stuff as possible.

You talk about the MT-82 but what about the 6R80? a 6R80 could have done this time and better but you couldn't use it because you had no way to control it so went the easy way.

You have a fast S550 body car but that is no '15. Sorry, that is how I see it. And again, is just my opinion.

Thanks for the congrats! All opinions are welcome and respected!!! :)

You are correct regarding the 11-14 and how far the car progressed over the years... but let me emphasize "years". Sure, give it a few more years and there will be a lot of guys running low 9's with less mods on the S550 chassis.

It'll be interesting to see what people's opinions are of this "old tech versus new tech" when the new Cobra Jet comes out, and you see what it's running... ;-)

As far as the trans goes... not necessarily true. There is a stand-alone controller for the 6R80, and we could have used it with the XFI no problem. Trust me- using a 6R80 would have been FAR easier than the work required to put a TH400 in this chassis. It is far from a bolt-in swap.

Carry on!

PLee

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to go 8's with nawz and slicks yo!

You do know I was kidding about the galactic record thing right? I think these weekly record things are silly. I wasn't poking fun at Watson, the car is bad ass. Just poking at the whole concept of records.

Thanks Jason- I tend to agree about the record thing... hence why we've been quiet all year about this car until now. I'll gladly applaud the next guy that runs faster! It's all in good fun and helps motivate all of us in the aftermarket industry.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Like saying the US has won a consecutive 49 superbowls, and that the rest of the world needs to step up their game.

Monster Truck WORLD CHAMPION?:iranmaybe:

lito

forum member
Reaction score

Its all your fault, as always.

Dont get me started on the "World series", lol.

As far as the trans goes... not necessarily true. There is a stand-alone controller for the 6R80, and we could have used it with the XFI no problem. Trust me- using a 6R80 would have been FAR easier than the work required to put a TH400 in this chassis. It is far from a bolt-in swap

Where is that controller?, I think there is a lot of interest for that around here.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back