Saleen Stage 2 or 3?

Wintermist

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm looking at getting either the Stage 2 or stage 3 Saleen kit from Brenspeed, I can't decided as I know the stage 2 is safer for a DD being less boost, or getting the stage 3, what do you all suggest?

Thanks!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm looking at getting either the Stage 2 or stage 3 Saleen kit from Brenspeed, I can't decided as I know the stage 2 is safer for a DD being less boost, or getting the stage 3, what do you all suggest?

Thanks!

It is a toss up..........

Either one is OK for a DD.

If you want less stress on the power train then stick with the Stage-2.

If you go with the Stage-2 and you don't have Headers then have Brenspeed at the KOOKS Complete Catted H or X .........

Or go Stage-2 and add the FRPP 4:10 Gears.........

Man there are a lot of choices .......

Heck, just ask Chandler and see what he says .......

Tell him tigerhonaker said Hello :thumb2:

Wintermist

Reaction score
Well I'm looking for around 420RWHP, but I have an auto so I know a loose a bit more through the powertrain.

Spiralkros

Reaction score
I'm running the Brenspeed stage 3 - Been doing so for 4 months - The car is a 2008 GT/CS - Auto - 3.30 Rears - The car is wicked in 1st & 2nd - It runs real nice if you drive it easy (stock like) but get a little agressive with the throttle tip in and it will really jump - I am not a tire fryer, I get into it from a rolling start and nail it - The feel is intense - One problem the more you have the more you want...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I'm looking for around 420RWHP, but I have an auto so I know a loose a bit more through the powertrain.
Now that you have shared the rest of the story.

I do suggest talking with Chandler as they run an Auto in the Saleen they race.

I'm really thinking you might want to do the Stage-2 ........

And forget the FRPP 4:10 Gears I suggested.

I have ran them as well as 4:33 gears with the Auto.

I think I would ask those guys that do nothing but talk performance everyday all day.

They do it for a living and I don't think they are going to LIE to you.

They have not me or my Friends.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm running the Brenspeed stage 3 - Been doing so for 4 months - The car is a 2008 GT/CS - Auto - 3.30 Rears - The car is wicked in 1st & 2nd - It runs real nice if you drive it easy (stock like) but get a little agressive with the throttle tip in and it will really jump - I am not a tire fryer, I get into it from a rolling start and nail it - The feel is intense - One problem the more you have the more you want...
I bet your Mustang does run Strong with your set up.

Much fun to drive........

Spiralkros

Reaction score
Yeah, when I first got it I was kind of disappointed with the performance - Asked around to all of the speed shops for recomendations - All said the same supercharge it - Originally was leaning towards the Edelbrock - Too many initial problems & logos - Didn't like the idea of the older design of the Saleen - But heck the Edelbrock used some of the same design ideas - Settled on dealing with Brenspeed - Real standup guys - The first unit shipped damaged - The sent another unit with little fuss - The most important thing is to deal with a reputable company that has a history and stands behind their product - Brent runs a good business

Wintermist

Reaction score
Well brenspeed is only about 2 hours away so I'm sticking with them, plus everyone seems to rave about the service.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, when I first got it I was kind of disappointed with the performance - Asked around to all of the speed shops for recommendations - All said the same supercharge it - Originally was leaning towards the Edelbrock - Too many initial problems & logos - Didn't like the idea of the older design of the Saleen - But heck the Edelbrock used some of the same design ideas - Settled on dealing with Brenspeed - Real stand-up guys - The first unit shipped damaged - The sent another unit with little fuss - The most important thing is to deal with a reputable company that has a history and stands behind their product - Brent runs a good business
Agreed on dealing with the right company.

Yes, Brent is a Stand up guy for sure.

I have been there a number of times and will be back there I think in Sept.

Looking forward to this next visit as they will be in their New Facility then.

I know a lot of guys that have used them for their blowers, cams, headers etc.

And the Guest House is a Major Plus for those like me that live out of State.

Oh, just got an E-Mail from Brent a few days back and they are going to offer the E-force in 4-Stages of performance.

EdelbrockcomingBrenspped.gif

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well brenspeed is only about 2 hours away so I'm sticking with them, plus everyone seems to rave about the service.
Man, you are a lucky person to live that close to Brenspeed.

I wish I did.

I'm 7 1/2 hrs away and 468 Miles.

If you are not going for another week or so they will be completely moved in.

That New Facility is really cool.

Incredible Mr. E

forum member
Reaction score
They are really good guys to deal with. I had them install the Stage 2 in May and no regrets. One thing though, I have failed inspection due to the tune having shut off the 02 sensors - they should have the dyno up and running in their new shop - ask them to provide you with a tune that will pass inspection (they sent me one within a week, just FYI). My car is also a DD and I log about 290 miles a week to and from work here in Texas.

Ninjak

The Wolf hunts at night..
Reaction score
I run a Saleen Supershaker on my setup, with a KB bap. Good power, I can easily fry my tires 1st thru 3rd, and have not had any issues. I ordered mines thru Jim@JDM.

I could not be happier.

Wintermist

Reaction score
They are really good guys to deal with. I had them install the Stage 2 in May and no regrets. One thing though, I have failed inspection due to the tune having shut off the 02 sensors - they should have the dyno up and running in their new shop - ask them to provide you with a tune that will pass inspection (they sent me one within a week, just FYI). My car is also a DD and I log about 290 miles a week to and from work here in Texas.

Did you happen to get it dynoed?

I run a Saleen Supershaker on my setup, with a KB bap. Good power, I can easily fry my tires 1st thru 3rd, and have not had any issues. I ordered mines thru Jim@JDM.

I could not be happier.

What size pulley do you run?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I could not be happier.

Would you by chance have a few Pics of your Supershaker :question:

I would really like to see them if you do.

Oh and for anyone that is upset over my Spacing on Post I do it because it makes it much easier to read. No-Offense Intended by me !!!

Say, do you really like your Supershaker set-up and do you run it with the
(Plastic) on the Air Filter :question:

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Say, do you really like your Supershaker set-up and do you run it with the
(Plastic) on the Air Filter :question:

I run mine with the water filter (plastic) because of the shitty south Louisiana weather.

Besides sucking up a couple bugs in the MAF sensor, it's been a great addition for the supercharger.

BTW i've been running the 3.2 pulley for the last 6 months but haven't taken it to the track yet. (hopefully next weekend).

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I run mine with the water filter (plastic) because of the shitty south Louisiana weather.

Besides sucking up a couple bugs in the MAF sensor, it's been a great addition for the supercharger.

BTW i've been running the 3.2 pulley for the last 6 months but haven't taken it to the track yet. (hopefully next weekend).
Hi Kenneth,

And I do remember you and those pics of your Mustang.

Nice set up Big Guy !!!

So, you now have the 3.2 Pulley.

That is going to be interesting for sure.

Look forward to reading about how it does.

I wonder what the RWHP is with the 3.2 Pulley :question:

05RedDevil

forum member
Reaction score
My advice is to start with the Stage 2 and then go up from there if you want more later. I started with Brenspeed's stage 1 then went to the stage 3

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back