SCT Livewire II logging with Analog Inputs

mustangtcs

forum member
Reaction score
I just recently set up my SCT handheld device to a Laptop to datalog thru Livelink II. I connected a Firewire cable purchased from RadioShack to my Aeroforce Interceptor gauges which I also have the Aeroforce wide band sensor and the 2 bar map sensor hooked up to. First I cut the end of the firewire and checked each prong for continuity and verified my cable is setup the same as the one SCT sells. Then I found each 5volt signal wire going from my sending units to the gauges. I tapped into each of those and wired the wide band as Analog 1 and the 2 bar map as Analog 2. There was no need to hookup any grounds from the firewire and this is all the wiring that was needed. Then I connected the Firewire to my handheld which is connected to the OBDII input and to the laptop. In Livewire II you can select your analog inputs and insert an equation. I tried the equation livelink gives you for the 2 bar map and it is completely wrong. I called SCT and the tech confirmed it was wrong. He took the numbers that Aeroforce gives which are 2 for slope and 10 for intercept for the wide band, that equation for livelink is (v*2)+10 and then 5.8 for slope and –13.2 for intercept for the 2 bar map which equates to (v*5.8)-13.2 So I go to log and it doesn't work. I contact SCT and Jon Lund hoping someone can help. They both confirmed those equations are correct. Next I was able to find online the voltage readings that convert to the boost readings on the map sensor which is the one that logged way off. Then in livelink I took out the equations and left v for volts and it would log the voltage. Still the voltage was off. So then I pulled out my gauge and probed the signal wire to my map sensor with a voltmeter. It is the same signal wire I tapped into for the signal to the Firewire cable. Guess what it read the same voltage that livelink was reading on the other end of the wire. But the gauge reads correct. Now I'm really p#ssed and I yank the gauge out of my a pillar and guess what. Livelink now reads the correct voltage. So I plug the gauge back in and it goes off again. So with the signal wires connected to both at the same time it messed up the readings. My fix was making plugs so that when I want to datalog I disconnect the signal from the gauges and plug into the Firewire. This took me 3 days to figure out. But at least in the end I got it all right and have been logging for Lund everyday with great results. Now the next step is adjusting the equations just like you adjust the gauges for the correct readings based on altitude. This is outlined in the Aeroforce instructions. You just adjust the equations to perfect them to your altitude.

Last edited:
Back