SCT Xcal 2

kenny

forum member
Reaction score
SCT Xcal 2 - SOLD

Trying to sell my Xcal 2. It was originally purchased in 2006 for my 00' V6 mustang and was later unlocked for use on my 07' GT. I've traded in the GT and can no longer use it. I'm not sure what it's worth so if I'm way off on my price I won't be offended.

$110 shipped obo

Sp2e2ak.jpg

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
did you return the GT to stock tune? makes a big difference in your pricing.

NaS197

forum member
Reaction score
So it is unlocked or still locked?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

kenny

forum member
Reaction score
I paid someone to unlock it back in 2007 when I got my GT. If it's unlocked once, does it remains unlocked? Or do you have to unlock it again to pair it to another car?

I'm sorry I can't give more information about it, my knowledge of them isn't the best. Maybe someone else can chime in.

kenny

forum member
Reaction score
I found this on another forum.

if the xcal has any unlocks left (you can view number of unlocks, i think it comes with 5) and the previous car was returned to stock, you can download the software called liveload from SCT, and plug in you xcal via USB and click "unlock" right in the liveload software. Just did it yesterday for my friend who purchased a used xcal. Remember, the previous car needs to be flashed back to stock. software is free to download.

I returned my GT back to stock before trading it in. So knowing this I would say that it is unlocked and all you need to do is download the SCT software Liveload.

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Easy to check. Power the tuner up, go to device info, hit select twice.

Should say either aftermarket, stock or unused.

Aftermarket means it's vin locked, unused or stock means it can still be used to tune.

NaS197

forum member
Reaction score
Did this ever get looked into to see if it was locked & how many unlocks were left?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Back