sealant or equivalent

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to try Reload this weekend on my Opti coated car as well as on a G35 I am detailing next week, have heard from many people (some on here, 28ONE) that it is great stuff. BFWD is a good go to but I haven't used them in a long time, I think they changed their formula a few years back and heard mixed things so I never gave them another shot.

I would steer away from Jetseal109 but that's just my opinion, over priced and outdated. The durability was never there when I tried it and for that price, there are way better sealants available.

Damn no go on the jetseal....I was all ready to give that a go. Anyone have good reports on it or no?

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Ok guys great. Any thoughts on quick detail spray. I use fk425 but it streaks real bad on a black car even with a 50/50 cut.

RideThePony14

Reaction score
I use Chemical Guys Blacklight gaze, then Jetseal, and V07 for a quick detailer. Works wonders on all the cars I have done

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Damn no go on the jetseal....I was all ready to give that a go. Anyone have good reports on it or no?
Thats just my .02. I personally just think it is over hyped (a lot of CG stuff is). If you still decide you might want to try JS, let me know. I have a slightly used bottle I could sell you.

I use Chemical Guys Blacklight gaze, then Jetseal, and V07 for a quick detailer. Works wonders on all the cars I have done
Using BL then JS is kind of a waste isnt it? The JS will not actually be contacting the surface since you have BL down 1st. So, the JS would be layered on top of BL, cutting its durability down drastically.....maybe I am wrong though?
I have done the BL and V07, good little combo.

Last edited:

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
Thats just my .02. I personally just think it is over hyped (a lot of CG stuff is). If you still decide you might want to try JS, let me know. I have a slightly used bottle I could sell you.

Using BL then JS is kind of a waste isnt it? The JS will not actually be contacting the surface since you have BL down 1st. So, the JS would be layered on top of BL, cutting its durability down drastically.....maybe I am wrong though?
I have done the BL and V07, good little combo.

Nope your right. Applying BL under JS will kill the durability. It's like applying a wax under a sealant.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys...took the car down to paint and applied the BFWD as usual. Looks great. Out of curiosity is it a waste to put another coat of the sealant on top?

28ONE

Reaction score
I don't think it is. If you're using light coats, using one more to ensure even coverage is a good idea.

I agree, one good solid coat of BFWD does wonders! Remember to let ir cure for 8 hours before applying anything else...not sure if you have it but Blackfire WD Polymer Spray is a great addition to enhance protection...

Back