Seat Belt Chime not working

Rangerbert

Reaction score
I have a problem I'm trying to figure out. I know people are gonna say it's not working so don't worry about it. But these little reminders are helpful. When I buckle my seat belt the light goes out but if I unbuckle it it doesn't come back on or ding to remind you to buckle your seat belt but it works on passenger side. When I insert the key into the ignition the it chimes but as soon as I let go of the key with door open it doesn't ding. But if I push the key in when I'm trying to start the car it dings. I also did that procedure with the seat belt that is listed in owner's manual. that didn't fix the problem. Has anyone have this problem before.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I have a problem I'm trying to figure out. I know people are gonna say it's not working so don't worry about it. But these little reminders are helpful. When I buckle my seat belt the light goes out but if I unbuckle it it doesn't come back on or ding to remind you to buckle your seat belt but it works on passenger side. When I insert the key into the ignition the it chimes but as soon as I let go of the key with door open it doesn't ding. But if I push the key in when I'm trying to start the car it dings. I also did that procedure with the seat belt that is listed in owner's manual. that didn't fix the problem. Has anyone have this problem before.

It wont ding if you buckle then unbuckle your seat belt unless youre moving so that could be normal. What do u mean when u say that when u let go of the key when the door is open it doesnt ding? Can u upload a video of u going through all this? Itd help tremendously

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong. But there's a program with steps to turn it off/on. No?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
First of all...are you the original owner? Has the seat belt chime ever worked?

The seat belt chime should work if you or a front seat passenger are unbuckled and you reach 15MPH. If its not chiming and you have a working seatbelt warning light in the dash, then I can only assume the previous owner must have disabled the chime.

I have mine disable since I use a six point harness when I am buzzing around the race track. Here are the instructions to disable/enable the seat belt chime:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. DO NOT START
THE ENGINE.
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off (Approximately 1
minute).
• Step 3 must be completed within 50 seconds after the safety belt
warning light turns off.
3. For the seating position being disabled, at a moderate speed, buckle
then unbuckle the safety belt nine times, ending in the unbuckled state.
Step 3 must be completed within 50 seconds after the safety belt
warning light turns off.
• After Step 3, the restraint system warning light (airbag light) will be
turned on for three seconds.
4. Within approximately seven seconds of the light turning off, buckle
then unbuckle the safety belt.
• This will disable the Belt-Minder_ feature for that seating position if it
is currently enabled. As confirmation, the restraint system warning
light will flash four times per second for three seconds.
• This will enable the Belt-Minder_ feature for that seating position if it
is currently disabled. As confirmation, the restraint system warning
light will flash four times per second for three seconds, followed by
three seconds with the light off, then followed by the restraint system
warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds again.

Rangerbert

Reaction score
It wont ding if you buckle then unbuckle your seat belt unless youre moving so that could be normal. What do u mean when u say that when u let go of the key when the door is open it doesnt ding? Can u upload a video of u going through all this? Itd help tremendously

I've taken the seat belt off while driving down the road. It doesn't chime to tell you to fasten your seat belt on Driver's side. However the passenger side does chime to remind you to fasten the seat belt. What I mean about the ignition chime. When you have your door open you insert the key into the ignition the hear the chime to remind you that the keys are in the ignition or you've left the lights on. Mine doesn't chime unless I'm inserting the key or I push the key in when I go to start my car. When the lights are left on i Have the chime to remind me to turn them off when I've opened the door and the car is turned off. When someone is sitting in the passenger seat while driving down the road and they have forgotten to buckle their seat belt the warning light and chime comes on. It's just the driver side that doesn't. I've done the acivate/deactivate procedure and that didn't work.

Rangerbert

Reaction score
First of all...are you the original owner? Has the seat belt chime ever worked?

The seat belt chime should work if you or a front seat passenger are unbuckled and you reach 15MPH. If its not chiming and you have a working seatbelt warning light in the dash, then I can only assume the previous owner must have disabled the chime.

I have mine disable since I use a six point harness when I am buzzing around the race track. Here are the instructions to disable/enable the seat belt chime:

I did this and still didn't fix my problem.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like your driverside fasten seat belt come is deactivated.

Did you get the settings confirmation?

Have you checked your seat belt buckle wiring?
It could be disconnected.

Rangerbert

Reaction score
Sounds like your driverside fasten seat belt come is deactivated.

Did you get the settings confirmation?

Have you checked your seat belt buckle wiring?
It could be disconnected.

Yes I have done the activation/deactivation procedure. Still doesn't work. As far as I can tell everything under the driver's seat is connected.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Yes I have done the activation/deactivation procedure. Still doesn't work. As far as I can tell everything under the driver's seat is connected.

The connector for the seat belt buckle will not be under the seat. It's on the side between the center console and the seat.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back