Shaker Radio Antenna ?

Bowtiekiller

Bowtiekiller
Reaction score
I have added a power antenna to the rear of my 05 GT and need to know if the Shaker 500 Radio has a dedicated power out for such use. I could tap onto the amp power, but then it would extend the antenna when the cd was on also. Hate to pull the radio just to find out it doesn't have. Thanks!

Jaylee

forum member
Reaction score
I just installed an aftermarket head unit and don't recall provisions for a power antenna.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where did you put a power antenna in the rear of the car? What did you do with the hole/antenna in the right front fender?

xxdmxx

forum member
Reaction score
Where did you put a power antenna in the rear of the car? What did you do with the hole/antenna in the right front fender?
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the Metra Amplified Antenna.

Jaylee

forum member
Reaction score
I think he is talking about an actual power antenna. He refers to it extending while the cd player is on.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I could tap onto the amp power, but then it would extend the antenna when the cd was on also.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the Metra Amplified Antenna.

No.. he is referring to a power antenna. A Metra amplified antenna isn't going to extend up and down when the head unit is powered on.

Bowtiekiller

Bowtiekiller
Reaction score
Power Antenna

Yes it is power antenna, not an amplifed unit. I put the hole on the right rear panel just in front of my duck tail spoiler. I welded the front hole up & filled before painting the right front fender. Also filled the holes where the GT badges go.. I think I'll use the +12 volt input to the audio power amps, which is controlled by the receiver/cd player head unit...Was hoping to not have the antenna extended while the cd player was on, but see no way around it without using a defeat relay or switch unless I go into the receiver's circuitry also...

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Honestly I have never seen one that only sends a power signal when the radio is on but not when the CD player is on. Then again, I haven't paid that much attention lately either.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back