She’s Got A Fat….I mean FLAT A$$

2012Coyote

Fuggit.
Reaction score
Is dumping the exhaust under the car going to negatively affect the high speed/low pressure air flow you are looking for by adding the aero?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Is dumping the exhaust under the car going to negatively affect the high speed/low pressure air flow you are looking for by adding the aero?

Nope, it's so I can build the diffuser how I want to.:thumb2:

And it saves weight.

It's less complex and easier to work on.

It won't rattle/knock if its not there either.

2012Coyote

Fuggit.
Reaction score
Nope, it's so I can build the diffuser how I want to.:thumb2:

And it saves weight.

It's less complex and easier to work on.

It won't rattle/knock if its not there either.

I'm digging it. I'm trying to figure out how to put one together around the GT500 Mufflers. That is probably the way to go.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I'm digging it. I'm trying to figure out how to put one together around the GT500 Mufflers. That is probably the way to go.

This car was switched from GT500 mufflers to Pype Bombs (and M80's mid mounted) to make it possible:

IMG_1841_zps4d5be4e0.jpg

IMG_1851_zps564f137a.jpg

barbaro

forum member
Reaction score
What kind of transmission and gearing do you plan on running? I ran the MT82 and 3.73s on a 2011 at the Mojave magnum and hit around 163 at the mile mark and bounced off the hard rev limiter of 7700 rpm at the same time. On another run tried to pull in sixth gear and shifted from 5th to 6th little past the mile marker at around 7400 rpm and the car fell flat on its face. It was as if a fat girl jumped in the trunk and brought a sack of cheeseburgers. Crossed the line at 158.7. The car actually slowed down. It would not pull in 6th at all. There was a guy there with a 2011 Roush supercharged automatic with 3.55s who hit 173. 220 is a hell of a goal and I love what you did with the car. My minor league experience tells me that you are going to have to run hella gearing and high rpms to get to 220. Good luck to you. What can be conceived can be achieved.

Last edited:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
What kind of transmission and gearing do you plan on running? I ran the MT82 and 3.73s on a 2011 at the Mojave magnum and hit around 163 at the mile mark and bounced off the hard rev limiter of 7700 rpm at the same time. On another run tried to pull in sixth gear and shifted from 5th to 6th little past the mile marker at around 7400 rpm and the car fell flat on its face.
Magnum XL with the taller gear set
3.31 rear end
26.5" tall tire
Should be good for 225mph in 5th gear at 7,000rpm:thumb:

My concern is aero and safety.

2013DIBGT

I Hate Wheelhop
Reaction score
Very nice vehicle and work GMitch! :thumb:

I'm curious to know if you ever ran the vehicle with the current Twin Screw using only X 1 heat exchanger up front or if you went straight to equipping the car with X 2 from the get go?

If you ran the car with X 1 in the past do you have any data you could share on what the Intake charge temps were at the time and how they differ now using X 2 of them?

Thanks

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Very nice vehicle and work GMitch! :thumb:

I'm curious to know if you ever ran the vehicle with the current Twin Screw using only X 1 heat exchanger up front or if you went straight to equipping the car with X 2 from the get go?

If you ran the car with X 1 in the past do you have any data you could share on what the Intake charge temps were at the time and how they differ now using X 2 of them?

Thanks

When we did the rear HE we also threw a much bigger blower (2.6L KB to 3.4L Whipple) at it. So any cooling data is out the window.

Even with the rear HE I find it very unlikely that it will make a mile at WOT without hitting a IAT of 136deg and pulling timing. It's getting converted over to e85 though so between the lower temps afforded by the e85 and that I can run the IAT threshold at 175deg it should have no problem going out the back door without pulling timing.:thumb:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Wait did I miss something, Alex sold his car?

Yep, last week. Got good money for it too. He's getting a S550 as soon as he can get his hands on one.

I would have bought it off of him but I want a daily driver. I need another "race car" like I need a hole in the head.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I love seeing that diffuser on Alex's "old" car.

I had the pleasure of analyzing his car a while back at an NMRA event. I was very impressed, he definitely has skills.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back