She’s Got A Fat….I mean FLAT A$$

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
So apparently Creations N' Chrome did the work on this car. TS designs did the widebody; same guy who did the Need for Speed movie car. I've asked for more pics of the underside on Creations N' Chrome's facebook page so we'll see what they put up.

EDIT:
No new pics yet, but they did tell me they'll be offering the whole belly pan in kit form for $899.00 soon.

If allows air in the back between the body and the pan then no thanks.. :tdown:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I would like to think this is a proof of concept for a flat under-body on the 2015 mustang. I mean the damn Fusion has it, why not their halo car! Unfortunately the mustang always gets the new tech late in the development cycle because your average mustang buyer only cares about HP and quarter mile times.

I've been under a 2015 chassis. It isn't "smooth", but it is a lot closer to smooth than the S197.

No new pics yet, but they did tell me they'll be offering the whole belly pan in kit form for $899.00 soon.

Then its more of a shield than a pan. Not very functional.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Uhh do tell...

Nothing terribly exciting. The front suspension is different but still uses struts. It has a double ball joint design though.

Chassis is totally new, not a modded S197 chassis.

Rear suspension is IRS but everyone knows that. It looks like a good setup though. The drag race guys won't be happy but the people who want to go around corners will be.

Had a Coyote motor and a MT82 in it, no surprise there either.

The front and rear overhangs looked shorter than the S197 which should make the bodywork look cooler.

The track width seemed a little wider, which is always a good thing.

The interior was not "done", but the direction it looked like it was going seemed cool.

The bodywork was nothing like the new car. That stuff is way top secret.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
Wider track width...

Us dedicated cone dodgers are going to hate that even more than we hate the current cars... "How to add time by default" by "Make your car wider" Ford

Anyway, back to the delicious aero love fest that is going on in here! :D

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Wider track width...

Us dedicated cone dodgers are going to hate that even more than we hate the current cars... "How to add time by default" by "Make your car wider" Ford

Well don’t get bummed out yet. It looked like it had a wider track width but that may have had something to do with the bodywork on the car, wheels/tires, etc. There was no good visual zero. It may have just looked that way.:thumb:

Whiskey11

Reaction score
Well don’t get bummed out yet. It looked like it had a wider track width but that may have had something to do with the bodywork on the car, wheels/tires, etc. There was no good visual zero. It may have just looked that way.:thumb:

I'm eagerly awaiting the next gen Mustang if for no other reason than I want to see what the Turbo 4 will weigh and how it will perform! :p Might make a good autocross car if it's light enough, balanced enough and not horribly soft.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Wider track width...

That said, I can understand how you would want a narrower track-width for the quick transitions in tight quarters. On a road-course, though, wider really IS better. Better stability under braking, in the mid-corner phase, and also on track-out power application. Plus, it makes it harder for the competition to get around you! ;-)

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
I'm eagerly awaiting the next gen Mustang if for no other reason than I want to see what the Turbo 4 will weigh and how it will perform! :p Might make a good autocross car if it's light enough, balanced enough and not horribly soft.

Turbo 4 is what I'm most interested too. You already know its a step up in power above the 6, so more than 300 for sure. Not to mention SVT is doing it and I don't think they would forgo forging. And if its forged...

Whiskey11

Reaction score

That said, I can understand how you would want a narrower track-width for the quick transitions in tight quarters. On a road-course, though, wider really IS better. Better stability under braking, in the mid-corner phase, and also on track-out power application. Plus, it makes it harder for the competition to get around you! ;-)

I'm aware of said advantages of a wider track width for you roadcourse jobbies! :p It's just damn hard to get a Mustang through gates barely wide enough to fit a Miata through!

Then again, I accept the challenge presented to me as being something easily overcome with a little effort. It just means I need to find time elsewhere! :p

As for SVT doing it, I was unaware that SVT was doing the Turbo 4. I was also unaware all SVT is forged (Cough*Mach1*Cough). I don't think power will be the problem with the Turbo 4. I guess if it ends up being soft and cushy (my biggest fear, as that will kill sales) that can be changed easily enough...

Is it 2015 yet? I want the damn thing out so we can start hearing the reviews! :D

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
As for SVT doing it, I was unaware that SVT was doing the Turbo 4. I was also unaware all SVT is forged (Cough*Mach1*Cough). I don't think power will be the problem with the Turbo 4. I guess if it ends up being soft and cushy (my biggest fear, as that will kill sales) that can be changed easily enough...

:D

Mach1 wasn't FI either and had 4 less cylinders and less hp. It's speculation and rumor though.

If SVT offered a turbo 4 with 360 hp, wouldn't you be really suprised if it wasn't forged?

Whiskey11

Reaction score
Mach1 wasn't FI either and had 4 less cylinders and less hp. It's speculation and rumor though.

If SVT offered a turbo 4 with 360 hp, wouldn't you be really suprised if it wasn't forged?

Mach 1 with 4 less cylinders? I think you mean 4 more cylinders! :p

In this day and age, if SVT offered a Turbo 4, I wouldn't be surprised by anything. Bean counters and stuff like that... I doubt it will be "maxed out" and there will be a healthy safety margin of about 50-100 HP but I wouldn't put it past them to NOT forge it either.

Keep in mind, SVT also gave us that abortion of an IRS under the Cobras so they aren't incapable of making huge mistakes!

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score

I’ve seen the EcoBoost 4cyl make 350/350 at the tires with a cat back, CAI and a tune. And the only reason they didn’t make more was they were out of fuel pump. In a 3200# Mustang that would rock.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Hey! Weren’t we supposed to be talking about sweet aero stuff?!:thumb2:

Specifically MY sweet aero stuff? :naughty1:

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
Hey! Weren’t we supposed to be talking about sweet aero stuff?!:thumb2:

Specifically MY sweet aero stuff? :naughty1:

haha Any progress on the diffuser? Or some teasers at least!

How wide are the spaces in between the fins and what angle is it going to be? 7 degrees is optimal I think, right? You said the diffuser is gonna extand past the end of the bumper. By how much and why? To keep a low pressure zone around the heat exchanger?

There. Back on topic. :beerchug2:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
haha Any progress on the diffuser? Or some teasers at least!

No movement this week. I've been helping my next door neighbor put a blower on his car.

How wide are the spaces in between the fins
I think they are 12"....or maybe 6". I always get them confused.:roflmao:

and what angle is it going to be? 7 degrees is optimal I think
Yep, 7deg. From the research I was able to do that is the angle to have with a “coupe” type chassis.

You said the diffuser is gonna extend past the end of the bumper. By how much and why?
Because something I read somewhere said that was the way to go.....and it looks cooler.:thumb2:

To keep a low pressure zone around the heat exchanger?
That is the theory. Move the low pres zone back a little and create more of a "signal" at the trunk face.

There. Back on topic. :beerchug2:

Thanks!:beerdrink:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back