She’s Got A Fat….I mean FLAT A$$

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
Question on the EVAP stuff. What considerations does that entail? Does it matter if you're retrunless or not or...what are the consequences of ditching it?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Question on the EVAP stuff. What considerations does that entail? Does it matter if you're retrunless or not or...what are the consequences of ditching it?

If you have emissions testing you would be screwed. If not it is as easy as removing it, plugging a vacuum port on the intake and running a vent hose for the tank. It needs to be "fixed" in the tune too. The EVAP stuff is just over 16lbs.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
This is 908SSP’s diffuser. It is at a 7deg angle and goes right up against the anti-sway bar. The one going on the blue car is going to be almost identical. I think were going to mount it a little further into the bumper cover though and the “strakes” may be a touch longer. The blue car doesn’t have exhaust back there though so were going to run the diffuser all the way out to the sides and remove some of the bumper cover so it exhausts the rear tires better. When the rule permit you see a lot of “GT” class cars doing this.

IMG_1841_zps4d5be4e0.jpg

Another angle:

IMG_1851_zps564f137a.jpg

Last edited:

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
Are you gonna make yours out of sintra too?

Also, what are you gonna do for side splitters?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Are you gonna make yours out of sintra too?

Also, what are you gonna do for side splitters?

Yep Sintra. It's actually already bent/molded/epoxied up. Alex cranked it out Wednesday. It just needs to be cut down to its final size.....then mounted. Should only take......forever, LOL

Side splitters? The ones that go under the rockers and run parallel to the ground? No plans for them right now. They could be incorporated pretty quickly though.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
Yeah, I figured since you're going for reduction of lift and drag you might be putting some on. I imagine it would be best to go bare bones for now and add little things later for the second go around and see if they help.

Spoiler_Drag.jpg

I do love the spoiler-less look though...

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I'm also trying to do the balancing act with the size of the low pressure zone behind the car. In theory I want the low pressure zone to be as big as possible so the rear mount heat exchanger works better. But on the other hand I want it as small as possible to decrease drag.

I think I would rather have more cooling. You can never have enough of that.

IMG_0132_zps457e0cd7.jpg

IMG_0133_zpsbca308a5.jpg

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
I'm also trying to do the balancing act with the size of the low pressure zone behind the car. In theory I want the low pressure zone to be as big as possible so the rear mount heat exchanger works better. But on the other hand I want it as small as possible to decrease drag.

I think I would rather have more cooling. You can never have enough of that.

IMG_0132_zps457e0cd7.jpg

IMG_0133_zpsbca308a5.jpg

In theroy wouldnt the fans pulling hot air "out" of the trunk area and pushing it into the airstreem decrease the drag because insted of air and eddies spinning around the air from the fans push the dirty air out and into the slipstreem. Or do I have that backwards?

Rehagen Racing

forum member
Reaction score
Gmitch - Not sure how big your blower is but the TR hood will clear the Shelby blower and pretty much anything the stock hood will cover. We've installed them on some cars that required trimming (Engine swaps, etc), and it's been pretty simple.

Since you're local, when you're ready, we can test fit one before you buy.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
While you're at it, why don't you post up a pic of your hood vents. I never saw your "race" version.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score

Is it possible to get more pics of the trunk? I want to see how the vent was done and how the trunk was mounted. I also would like to see how the cooler was mounted in the trunk if possible. This will come in handy for my car as I plan to do the same for mine.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
In theroy wouldnt the fans pulling hot air "out" of the trunk area and pushing it into the airstreem decrease the drag because insted of air and eddies spinning around the air from the fans push the dirty air out and into the slipstreem. Or do I have that backwards?
There is a lot of “theory” going on with the back of the car now…..and no good way of testing it. Moving the boundary layer off the C-pillars with the NACA ducts, routing it through the trunk (effectively through the car) and exhausting it in the low pressure zone behind the trunk may be of some benefit. Or it could be a big mess, LOL! Those NACA ducts move a lot more air than I would have expected too. I really have no idea what is going on back there.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Gmitch - Not sure how big your blower is but the TR hood will clear the Shelby blower and pretty much anything the stock hood will cover. We've installed them on some cars that required trimming (Engine swaps, etc), and it's been pretty simple.

Since you're local, when you're ready, we can test fit one before you buy.

I have a 4.6L 3v with a custom intake manifold and a 3.4L Whipple with a Crusher inlet. One of a kind. It sits pretty high, but it may make it. I had to drop the motor 3/4" to fit it under the GT500 hood and the bracing from the underside of the hood is removed too.

I was hoping at some point that I could come down and test fit one, it is the only way to know for sure. And of course I would buy it from you guys.

Thanks for the offer.:thumb:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
While you're at it, why don't you post up a pic of your hood vents. I never saw your "race" version.

The black plastic inserts are all hacked up (I have spares). I wanted to do a quick test, and they are a PITA to hog out while remaining pretty. So I hacked away!

The add on louvers ended up being smaller than I wanted them to be. Which is an easy fix, just cut bigger holes and put bigger louvers in!

The engine compartment temps are a LOT lower now. A LOT! My standard for testing cooling is 75mph steady state cruising. At 75mph underhood temps hover around 10-12deg above ambient. They will still climb while sitting at lights, etc. But they don’t climb as fast and once moving they recover a lot faster.

No matter what I do it won’t be as effective as a Tiger Racing hood though.

Hood1_zpsa7c53235.jpg

hood6_zpsd5078b2b.jpg

hood2_zpsa1099e6d.jpg

hood4_zps4ef2416b.jpg

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Is it possible to get more pics of the trunk? I want to see how the vent was done and how the trunk was mounted. I also would like to see how the cooler was mounted in the trunk if possible. This will come in handy for my car as I plan to do the same for mine.

I don't have any on my puter or my two cameras. I just sent 908SSP an email to check and see what he has. I know I took some good ones at some point.

Last edited:

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
if you do please post them up. Not to derail the thread but it will give a good idea of what to do.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back