Shelby GT hood scoop on a 05 Gt

fnfast

forum member
Reaction score
Huh? That is for the factory GT Hood scoop and how to make it functional. He is asking for the template for a Shelby GT hood scoop (Two different scoops BTW) so he can mount it on his car.

Finally someone understands. Thank you

fnfast

forum member
Reaction score
Huh??? Maybe I missed somethi........nope doesnt appear I did. Didnt see where you said that, but now that you did all will be forgotten? I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo doubt it!:crazy:

Do I have to put in a different color for your blind ass. Sorry if it a lil too high for you to SEARCH UP.
I love the flaming but I would really like a ill help. I've don a ton of searches and googled for forums and pics but I came up with nothing. So I'm really trying to rely on some S197 forum expertise, but haven't gotten any. Flame on.
Thanks.

Last edited:

fnfast

forum member
Reaction score
picture.php

LOL!

Thanks for letting me borrow your pajamas. Lol

Mr. WHO

forum member
Reaction score
Only after, but whatever. Get over it. Main reason I gave you shit is that you put the same damn thing in two different places.

Now, onto your question.
Yes, they are two different scoops and the main reason you cant find much on it is nobody has done it. Welcome to the wonderful world of having to figure something out for yourself, everyones been there at one point or two.

My thoughts for you, I, myself, would start with the opening between the ribs on the underside of your hood and center it, make a template that you can use to transfer the mounting holes over to your hood.

My biggest advice for you, measure alot and then measure some more. You can only cut/drill once.

Good Luck.

Edit: Pictures or it didnt happen.

fnfast

forum member
Reaction score
Only after, but whatever. Get over it. Main reason I gave you shit is that you put the same damn thing in two different places.

Now, onto your question.
Yes, they are two different scoops and the main reason you cant find much on it is nobody has done it. Welcome to the wonderful world of having to figure something out for yourself, everyones been there at one point or two.

My thoughts for you, I, myself, would start with the opening between the ribs on the underside of your hood and center it, make a template that you can use to transfer the mounting holes over to your hood.

My biggest advice for you, measure alot and then measure some more. You can only cut/drill once.

Good Luck.

Edit: Pictures or it didnt happen.

That's what I was planning on doing was to make a template from underneath. I am also on the shelby forums and there are guys who replaced theirs with newer version but obviously using existing holes. Ive Been looking at whatever photos they have on there for some kind of guidance and idea. I know that these scoops are hard to come by and I got lucky to pick one up for a steal. Now I want to install it. I have a pic of it but I need to repaint it cuz the color don't match (TL). Or I was thinking of doing it black. Thoughts.

BTW I asked for the other thread to be closed since I was getting no help...

Last edited:

Mr. WHO

forum member
Reaction score
Match the color of the scoop to your car, please. Unless your car is black dont do it. It wont look good.

But, at the end of the day, its your car and your money........

Since you are talking to the Shelby guys, ask them to see if you can get some pictures of the underside of the hood they are using. Might help get something down and make it easier to apply.

Mr. WHO

forum member
Reaction score
I didnt bother to click on that one......not worth the tech time, lol.

Edit: Just saw the other thread, mang, next time Im clicking it. Missed some quality stuff over there.

Last edited:

fnfast

forum member
Reaction score
That's what I rather do is paint it to match the car. I hate oddball shit. I'm going to try to get some picks from them.
Thanks.

Mr. WHO

forum member
Reaction score
Lmao!! I didnt look at this one, but when I was chit chat.....

Other thread wasnt going to well, but hes getting help over there now. Maybe combine to two, lol.

fnfast

forum member
Reaction score
Mr Who, I like the aggressive chin spoiler did you have that painted a flat black or is that out of the box. Was thinking of getting that one or just the regular CDC chin spoiler.

Mr. WHO

forum member
Reaction score
Its painted flat black.

Just pm someone if you have a question like that. Itll save room for the future, by future, I mean the search function that we have talked about, lol.

Jeffs FRC

forum member
Reaction score
Damn you Sal! Always starting trouble...lol

If you need a hand with this lemme know. I'm sure between the both of us we should be able to get it installed properly. And if we fuck it up I still have my stock hood...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back