Shelby Razor

Gio

Reaction score
Looking into getting from american muscle the Shelby Razor 20x9 with tires 255-35-20 on all four corners. This is my daily driver and im wondering how many miles i might get from these. I would like to be as economical as possible. If I have to go with 18" wheel I will. Unless there is not much diference. I appreciate any input.

Tire choices from american muscle are either Mickey thompson, Nitto, and sumitomo

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looking into getting from american muscle the Shelby Razor 20x9 with tires 255-35-20 on all four corners. This is my daily driver and im wondering how many miles i might get from these. I would like to be as economical as possible. If I have to go with 18" wheel I will. Unless there is not much diference. I appreciate any input.

Tire choices from american muscle are either Mickey thompson, Nitto, and sumitomo

How many miles you'll get from your wheel choice?? :okay2:

The tire makes the detail for miles...... Higher treadwear # = longer life

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Again, it's the tire, not the wheel, brand, model, treadwear.....

Gio

Reaction score
Again, it's the tire, not the wheel, brand, model, treadwear.....

Looks like tire companys do their own UTQG assestment on their tires. So how the hell do you pick?? Im stomped

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In my experience, given the same tire, an 18 inch setup will usually wear a little better and give a better ride quality then a 20 inch setup. The 18 has more sidewall and is able to soak up more road damage then the smaller side wall on the 20. I run the 18 inch Shelby Razors for my cold weather wheel setup, with 255/45 BF Goodrich tires.

Personally I am not a big fan of 20 inch wheels, I just think they are a little large for our cars. I think 19 inch is the best size but you are limited in tire sizes and they usually cost more, so I just run 18's on mine.

Gio

Reaction score
In my experience, given the same tire, an 18 inch setup will usually wear a little better and give a better ride quality then a 20 inch setup. The 18 has more sidewall and is able to soak up more road damage then the smaller side wall on the 20. I run the 18 inch Shelby Razors for my cold weather wheel setup, with 255/45 BF Goodrich tires.

Personally I am not a big fan of 20 inch wheels, I just think they are a little large for our cars. I think 19 inch is the best size but you are limited in tire sizes and they usually cost more, so I just run 18's on mine.

Thank you bud thats more the answear I was looking for. Im seeing the same opinion in other forums. Thank you

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
The nitto 555s have a longer tread life than the other two.

Gio

Reaction score
The nitto 555s have a longer tread life than the other two.

Yeah I might just buy the wheels and get tires else where, either Nittos or Mickey Thompson, dont like the pattern on sumitomos, Thanks you

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back