shock setting

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
how will i know when i have my D-specs set to stiff i started to mess with them today at autocross and i feel like i have the close to where they need to be. but i know i dont want to get them to tight and i dont know what it will feel like when i do.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
When the knob is tightened all the way (Right) and stops, that is your stiffest settting, i believe there is 8 turns left to the loosest setting but ive also heard they go to 12 turns but i never go past 8.

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
When the knob is tightened all the way (Right) and stops, that is your stiffest settting, i believe there is 8 turns left to the loosest setting but ive also heard they go to 12 turns but i never go past 8.

lol not exactly what i ment by that but thanks and yah they can go out further than 8 but i have not gone out that far

i was just at the track and i was thinking i had them to stiff for what i was doing

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
Hold it, hold it....

Full stiff there is a stop. You can't go stiffer than that. There is no "full soft". In fact they tell you not to turn them down more than 7.5 turns from full stiff. 8 is too much 12 is WAY too much and all you are doing then is unscrewing the guts of the adjuster--which is a bad thing I'm sure you'll agree.

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
Hold it, hold it....

Full stiff there is a stop. You can't go stiffer than that. There is no "full soft". In fact they tell you not to turn them down more than 7.5 turns from full stiff. 8 is too much 12 is WAY too much and all you are doing then is unscrewing the guts of the adjuster--which is a bad thing I'm sure you'll agree.

lol yah but im not referring to just getting them to hard. im saying i want to know how i will i know from how the car is reacting to them not having enough give

latch5

forum member
Reaction score
At the track I used 5 Front - 3 back. That was pretty stiff. Basically if you are understeering you need to softer the dronts (or stiffen the back).

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
yah i got my car prety netural but they are closer to like 3 in the front and 4-5 in the back in not 100% sure because i was just kinda doing some fine tweaking of 1/4 turns and it was like 3 weeks ago i did it

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back