Shortblock vs rotating assembly Coyote

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
So I am thinking of doing either one any reason to do one vs another? and what shop/company is better and for what reasons? JPC,DSS,MMR,Livernoise,BBR? I am thinking on my paxton kit of 14-16lbs 800-850rwhp range.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Well if ur doing it urself I would go short block so that part is already assembled. Then u can have ur block to either sell or have as an extra. I will be doing something soon as well and will be using either L&M or JPC/RGR. Both have proven to have extremely high horsepower rides.

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
I saw JPC has like 1000 off if you supply your block for them to use your crank?
with that option factory compression, billit oil pump gears, arp rod bolts it's like $4500
and MMR has their mmr1000 with same options for $4300 but all new crank and block

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Did you break something? I saw in the Paxton thread you mention your car is smoking. Compression check yet or just planning ahead?

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Although I have never dealt with MMR they do have fast cars but I have heard just as many horror stories and long wait times. Plus there new block would prob be a 13 block which would be less desirable than ur 11 block.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
MMR sucks. Do yourself a favor and stay away from them. L&M is the only shop I would trust to buid a motor to my satisfaction.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
MMR sucks. Do yourself a favor and stay away from them. L&M is the only shop I would trust to buid a motor to my satisfaction.

+100, Mike is a mod motor magician. Built the Lund TT motor, built Chris Cruz's motor, back to back KOTS.. :thumb2:

BBR doesn't build motors, they use MPR to build theirs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back