Should I keep on modding my 05 GT or just buy a 2011 GT?

LordBritish

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sure lots of you are debating this.

You've probably already poured 1,000s into mods and your car is most likely paid off.

Is it worth it to sell your car and get a new 2011 GT or is that wasteful?

T

Top00Cat

I am going to keep modding mine. There will always be something faster out there.

Reaction score
I want one also.. but I want to wait 4 years. ( my car will be paid off then ) lol..

I would say if your at the point where you can buy a 11 GT go for it! ;)

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is it worth it to sell your car and get a new 2011 GT or is that wasteful?
It depends on what your goals are. If you want a supercharged or turbod 2011, I'd wait because the jury is still out on those engines. The 11:1 CR concerns me, and if a built short block is required, I'd rather just stick with a proven platform and let someone else blow up 15 of these things before they figure it out. And they're butt ugly.

And cars in general are financially stupid. Why would you want to buy anything that depreciates in value by 50% the second you buy it? Being so happy with my current car, I would only consider a new one if I could buy it outright with cash.

2006torquefreak

forum member
Reaction score
+1!!!
It depends on what your goals are. If you want a supercharged or turbod 2011, I'd wait because the jury is still out on those engines. The 11:1 CR concerns me, and if a built short block is required, I'd rather just stick with a proven platform and let someone else blow up 15 of these things before they figure it out. And they're butt ugly.

And cars in general are financially stupid. Why would you want to buy anything that depreciates in value by 50% the second you buy it? Being so happy with my current car, I would only consider a new one if I could buy it outright with cash.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
keep modding your car so theres demand for 3V parts so i can keep modding mine.

keep in mind as the focus turns to the new 5.0 parts are more than likely gonna drop in price for our 3V cars.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I say keep modding, I love the 05-09 body style untill they fix that rear end I don't see myself getting too tempted, and fortunately I am not concerned with how fast everyone elses cars are compared to mine :)

B

Bucstang

keep modding your car so theres demand for 3V parts so i can keep modding mine.

keep in mind as the focus turns to the new 5.0 parts are more than likely gonna drop in price for our 3V cars.
No crap, I cannot wait to see some of these prices drop!

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
I debating this currently myself, but i've decided to keep me bullitt and pay it off. I'm gonna see what ford has to offer in the future, they keep getting better with the performance of the mustang. Once mine is payed off. I will add another to my collection.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I'd keep modding yours. I'm sticking with mine since I like the way my car looks a lot better than the new body style. By the time it's paid off hopefully I'll have a built block and turbo making almost 2x the power of the 5.0's.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought about it, but I'd be right back in the same boat I'm in now. I've got this car paid for, it's something that I love and it's in the process of becoming exactly what I want it to be. That's good enough for me.

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
keep modding! If you get sick of it down the road, by then im sure somebody will do a swap into an 05-09.

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Off-Topic but have you guys seen the new Saleen? That is car is a thing of beauty and defiently pulls off the look of the new stang.

05fastblk

forum member
Reaction score
I bought my car cash, well I had paid off my 03 350z then traded it in along with the sale of a cbr f4i bike I had (used 3 years ago). I recently graduated college and I am debating getting one aswell, but I think the smartest thing to do is keep my car, save for a house and by the time all is said and done (about 2 years) when things settle in or what not I should be able to afford a used one ( brand new cars IMO are a huge waste of $$) and have two stangs, or maybe just stick to the Terminator which is by far my favorite car ever.

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Off-Topic but have you guys seen the new Saleen? That is car is a thing of beauty and defiently pulls off the look of the new stang.

New saleen??? You mean SMS???

Oh and hell no I am faster and better looking then a 2011... Plus why start over...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back