Show me your exhaust cutout setups!

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy the pypes electric cutouts and plan on placing them right before the axles.

Will it fit there?

So it will be x-pipe mated to m80 mufflers then cutouts then to oem mufflers. So this way it will be stock quiet when closed and throaty when opened right after the M80 mufflers.

Show me your setups! Need ideas.

Last edited:

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
I would love to do this with mine, cutouts right before the OTA pipe, GT500's out back so it would be quiet when I wanted.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I'm turbo, so in my 3" down pipe. I bought a cheap eBay kit, not sure how long the motor will hold up?

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
I put a set in this summer on mine but I put it in the midpipe. Went with Summit Racing splice in Y pipes and Badlandz 3" electronic cutouts (the splice piece fits over a 2.5 pipe and expands to a 3" pipe). I love it, can be obnoxious at times though. I think if I went with a 2.5 pipe to just splice on it would be a bit better for room. Very little room to put anything down there. Clearance is so close to the ground with Sportline springs. The last image I did move the right cutout as I hit the mechanism a lot. It sits like the left side now

Last edited:

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
QuickTime oval QTP's (QTEC-66) on a Mac ProChamber

QuickTime oval QTP's (QTEC-66) on a Mac ProChamber:

photo-vi.jpg

I ran the solenoid control wires through here (Pass side rear front wheel splash-guard) then to the cutouts:

photo1-vi.jpg

Temporary toggle (top right) - going to switch to a Speed of Sound switch-panel:

photo4-vi.jpg

Under car with deflectors:

photo4-vi.jpg

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Have any of the guys that have the cutouts already, really used them at the track or else?

I ask because I had in my car, my nephew's car and a customer car, all different brands and all died within a couple of months if used hard.

QTP, and the other two brands did not recommended their use for WOT situations, only for car shows and stuff.

I melted mine coming back from the track, on the highway on 20-30 mins of "spirited driving"

Any actual

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Have any of the guys that have the cutouts already, really used them at the track or else?

I ask because I had in my car, my nephew's car and a customer car, all different brands and all died within a couple of months if used hard.

QTP, and the other two brands did not recommended their use for WOT situations, only for car shows and stuff.

I melted mine coming back from the track, on the highway on 20-30 mins of "spirited driving"

Any actual

that is what is making me hold off on doing mine. it was a impulse buy and now im thinking it will probably fail so i may not install it. i know summitt makes one that uses a cable instead of a motor, i thought about that one maybe.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Funny how QTP dont recommend their stuff for WOT situations and yet they advertise cars drag racing and dyno runs.

Where do these fail? Would a manual throttle style be morr reliable then?

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
reviews on summitt are not good.....
Summit reviews are worth as much as youtube comments to me. You have to remember, the lowest common denominator writes them, after hammering the product on their car with drywall screws.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Ive seen sp racing one before but the price turned me off. $400 per pc is steep! Can I only put on one pipe?! Lol

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Get an X pipe and throw it coming off the back, maybe? :lol: Would look like shit.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Summit reviews are worth as much as youtube comments to me. You have to remember, the lowest common denominator writes them, after hammering the product on their car with drywall screws.

if you read them, the say the same as the other cut outs, plastic gears, after just a few times use they stop working, gears get stripped.

anything that close to that much heat should not have plastic involved,lol

i probably wont install my set up, if anything i will just use a block off plate and wing nuts. the actuator one from above looks promising.

Back