Side project Beer Can chair

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I think you (others) are REALLY overthinking this... no matter how you build the throne it is not going to be very comfortable. As such, it will be a novelty item in the corner of the room. I wouldn't get too carried away with foam or steel frames, just glue them together and enjoy it for a few weeks. If you break it... just make another!

If you're going to build something you might as well do it right. If you just glue them together, there is NO WAY that thing will last. It will just be a giant waste of glue.

It can absolutely be comfortable. If you build a steel frame, it will actually have enough support for you to add cushions and stuff to it (read, get some cloth and fill them with polyfil (it's dirt cheap).

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
Here's how I'd go about it.

I'd have some of the cans filled with Quickrete or some other quick drying cement. These cans would be used for the basic skeleton of the chair. You could attach them externally with epoxy or run rebar through them (before the cement dries, of course) to keep them together. When the skeleton is done you can fill in the rest with normal beer cans and epoxy them to the rest of the structure.

And take the time to align the labels carefully.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back