silver RTR wheels!

FR500GT

forum member
Reaction score
If i knew VMR made them, i would have gotten the all black wheels, and a 10inch offset wheel for the back. FUCK! Now im pissed. oh well......

VMR's warehouse is 20 minutes away from me. One of their main distributors "corrects" the wheel lug pattern to 114.5 for $75 as stated above. They are backordered til June but my next set is the matte black VMR V710's 19x10 +38 all around. Comes out to being a little cheaper than the RTRs too:thumb2:

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
VMR is a retailer, they don't make that HRE knockoff wheel. They weld the holes and redrill them, and weld on spacers for the offset. Not bad for street use, but I wouldn't track the car or drive hard on those. The RTR wheel is made in the proper bolt pattern and offset, no wheel integrity compromise.

The Forgestars are not all forged, they have flow formed, and forged available. The F14's are not forged. The F14F's are.

FR500GT

forum member
Reaction score
Not bad for street use, but I wouldn't track the car or drive hard on those. The RTR wheel is made in the proper bolt pattern and offset, no wheel integrity compromise.

Thats what I thought too but the shop that re-drills them has a few customer track cars that have used them after being redilled with 0 problems.

The Forgestars are not all forged, they have flow formed, and forged available. The F14's are not forged. The F14F's are.

Exactly, big difference!

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
The Drag DR-37s can all come in 19x9.5 in Hyper Silver. Those with Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 275/40/19s and new lugs and valve stems shipped are 1,718.00 from discount tire direct.

heeltoe

Reaction score
I will look into the DRAG wheels. VMR emailed me back today and will not sell me there set, they say that they dont have them for my car. hmmm.

The F14's are another option- same price as the RTR's. Going to look at the DRAG wheels now.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
http://www.elementwheels.com/proddetail.asp?prod=vvs%2Dcv22085vvs%2Dcv2010

Little pricey but these sure are nice.

vossenmustang.jpg

vossenmustang2.jpg

Last edited:

heeltoe

Reaction score
2k for just wheels thats crazy lol

Yeah, those are sweet, but way out of my budget. Looks like I will be getting the Drag-37's. Turns out a buddy can get me a great deal on these w/ some continental extreme DW's. Thanks for all the help.

Those of you wanting the silver RTR's they will be available in about 2 months.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
Egad. I missed that.
The price alone (of the f14s) should tell you they're not forged.
The price for a 1pc forged wheel is about $400-$600. It's the multipiece wheels that cost significantly more. Like $1k-$3k/ea.
QUOTE=white_lightning;902520]Fine they are "rotary forged"...[/QUOTE]
http://www.forgestar.com/v2/about.php

"Rotary Forged Flow Forming is a production procedure that turns the wheel (or rim section) over a special mandrel and three hydraulic rollers using tremendous pressure. The pressure and turning then force the rim area to form against the mandrel, creating the shape and width of the rim. During Flow Forming, the rim actually "flows" down to create the full rim width. During Flow Forming, pressure applied to the cast rim actually changes its mechanical properties, so its strength and impact values become similar to those of a forged rim. That translates to up to 15% less weight when compared to a standard cast wheel. Our technological breakthroughs in heat treating allow us to increase dent resistance without having to make the wheel heavier."

Again, not forged. Very cool technology, and I'm glad it exists. It's better than your standard cast wheel. Somewhere between aluminum cast and single piece forged. Single forged are better than multi forged for strength for road racing applications. Some manufactures multi piece are stronger than others, leading to just as strong wheels, like for F1 cars and GT cars, but those are $6k/ea, not for normal consumers.

Misinformation is bad.
Little pricey, but those are HRE copies, and waaaay more affordable than HRE's asking price. Just like the RTR's, which are roughly 20% the cost of the HRE P40's in which they copy.
2k for just wheels thats crazy lol
Crazy for a $10k car, yes, or a car the won't use them for heavy duty driving like they're meant, yes.

Crazy for a $40k car, or a car that drives competitively to demands the most from performance...no.

blk5.0

forum member
Reaction score
What ever helps u sleep at night to justify spending that much on a set of rims.

But we all do live in a world were some live with budgets and others live without budgets. But the rims sure are sexy

Redfireshaker06

forum member
Reaction score

Thank you for posting these. These will be my next wheels since they are coming out with 20's and my current tires w/ fit them. Woo hoo.

Back