simple and fast weight reduction

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Haha..No sweat.. I laugh because there's hardly any single component on this car that weighs 20 lbs...I pulled the door subs thinking they'd be worth more than 1/2 a pound. I just laughed and reinstalled them. Ford did a good job keeping the weight down on this car.

Davenow

forum member
Reaction score
Before I get thrown under the bus for the 20lb comment I was just going off what I was told it weighed full. I removed mine when it was empty.

Also fixed original post so no one gets the wrong information like I did.

Oh I didnt mean to sound like I was slamming you.

Sorry if it came off that way.

Davenow

forum member
Reaction score
Haha..No sweat.. I laugh because there's hardly any single component on this car that weighs 20 lbs...I pulled the door subs thinking they'd be worth more than 1/2 a pound. I just laughed and reinstalled them. Ford did a good job keeping the weight down on this car.

I did the same thing. Except I didnt put them back in. I ordered the Shelby upgrade subs :lol They weigh a little more, but not much more.

YoungPony

forum member
Reaction score
No worries guys. No hood weighs even less then the stock hood haha. Some parts look cool enough that they off set the added weight.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
No worries guys. No hood weighs even less then the stock hood haha. Some parts look cool enough that they off set the added weight.

That's not entirely accurate...:naughty1:

blueheader05mus.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stock Flat Pin On Hood . Price=299.00 Weight=11 Ship: Truck Freight.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
Most carbon fiber hoods will weigh less than the factory hood. 10-15lbs maybe. Now if it was like my 04 was where the aftermarket fiberglass hood weighed 40lbs and then the 4" vis carbon hood weighed 15lbs then that'd be a hell of a difference.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised about the hoods, I figured the aftermarket hoods, like the kaenen cowl would be lighter. Did I miss something here? They're fiberglass, that should reduce some weight.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
^^ Gotcha, I wasn't thinking about them being Aluminum.

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
Wouldnt the weight you gain from a cowl hood make up for it with the cooling bonus you get inside the engine bay?

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
Depends on other mods you have. If your like me and have a 160* t-stat and ceramic coated headers then under the hood tempetures aren't a problem.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back