simple and fast weight reduction

YoungPony

forum member
Reaction score
give us a list of mods you've got.....

2.3 whipple ~11psi, comp stage 2 cams, comp valve springs, cleaned up heads, BBK long tubes, BBK catless x pipe, stock mufflers, GT500 fuel system with billet rails, 3200 convertor, tci super street fighter trans, tci shifter, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 gears, ford racing K sprigns, ford racing springs and shocks, adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCA with relocation brackets (welded), UPR K member, Steeda radiator support, battery in trunk, A/C delete, other weight reduction.

Sorry for the derail OP. removing all the trunk matting is easy and removes SOME weight too.

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
So does cleaning out the glove box and under the center console. Last time I did that I weighed the CD's, owners manual, and other no essentials it it was around 5lbs, not much but easy weight to remove.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Matt D used to have an enema before the race, 3-4lbs easy.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Or just run it in street trim..My times are how my car sits everyday in full street trim down to the change in the console. So I can honestly say I have an 11.6x car @ 120.(Im not bragging cuz its faster than that, I just have to get my 60's down) I am probably in a minority here but just run it the way it is and keep trying to improve on the times. When you plateau, start dropping weight if you want.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
Or just run it in street trim..My times are how my car sits everyday in full street trim down to the change in the console. So I can honestly say I have an 11.6x car @ 120.(Im not bragging cuz its faster than that, I just have to get my 60's down) I am probably in a minority here but just run it the way it is and keep trying to improve on the times. When you plateau, start dropping weight if you want.

I agree completely. I get to the track and adjust air pressure, that's it. I'm not a professional test n tuner though, I bracket race so I don't care what it runs as long as it runs the same every time.

Davenow

forum member
Reaction score
If your overweight personally you can also go on a diet too.

That is no joke. I could drop 40lbs. Im 215 and not fat, but in great shape I would be more in the 170-175 range.

Not to mention how much better I would feel.

FML I guess Im gonna have to start working out and watching what I eat.

Davenow

forum member
Reaction score
If you don't use your window washer you can remove the fluid and reservoir along with lines for like 20lbs

I didnt even think of this!!!

I NEVER use my washers, because I am super anal about my car being clean. I carry a can of STONER and a microfiber cloth. Which comes out to like 3lbs. (the can is about half empty)

That thing is coming out TOMORROW!

*edit*

Ok you were way off. I took it out. Completely full, 6lbs.

Still, its 6lbs of dead weight for something I never, EVER use. Glad to have it gone, it took all of 5 minutes to get it out.

Last edited:

KillrStang

Texas Grown
Reaction score
- Off-road h or x pipe
- Tubular radiator support
- Rear seat delete
- Remove passenger seat
- Clear trunk of mat, spare, jack, subs and amp (if shaker 1000)
- Tubular A-Arms
- Lightweight Driveshaft
- Tubular K-Member
- Skinny wheels in the front with a radial on them (Racestar 15x3.5)

How much does your car weigh now?

Davenow

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah in case anyone doesnt go back and read my post above.

The washer tank, FULL, weighs in at 6lbs. Nowhere near 20. However, if you dont use it, its dead weight you dont need, and takes all of 5 minutes to remove, if that.

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
If your overweight personally you can also go on a diet too.

Some guys laugh , but since my back injury I am up to 315# . I did a lot of heavy work at my job so being aroud 285-290#s working was fine. I plan on losing about 50#s. talk about cheap weight reduction.

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
If yall are really interested in losing weight I'm a wellness consultant LOL .. look into Herbalife

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
I didnt even think of this!!!

I NEVER use my washers, because I am super anal about my car being clean. I carry a can of STONER and a microfiber cloth. Which comes out to like 3lbs. (the can is about half empty)

That thing is coming out TOMORROW!

*edit*

Ok you were way off. I took it out. Completely full, 6lbs.

Still, its 6lbs of dead weight for something I never, EVER use. Glad to have it gone, it took all of 5 minutes to get it out.

LOL at 20 lbs...Yeah mine was gone a long time ago

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
If yall are really interested in losing weight I'm a wellness consultant LOL .. look into Herbalife

PM some tips if you want. I want to say I'm in pretty good shape. I run about 3-4 times a week and hit the weights. I am currently at 172lbs @ 5' 7". I am going into the military soon and I can not be over 175lbs for basic (0 tolerance). However, I dont want to loose my mass. I'm stuck in a hard spot. I've been pretty consistent @ this weight, but there has to be a way to loose a little more weight so I have a little wider window. I don't want to be maxed out when I go to the academy and end up getting kicked out b/c of my weight.

Sorry for the jack. I actually added a ton of weight but did some weight reduction myself. But in the end, I probably ended weight.

Subframe connectors, bmr extreme anti roll bar, relocation brackets, boss iron block, ice box, supercharger, heat exchanger, all the braided lines for fuel, regulator, etc etc....Of course I did the BMR kmember, aarms, lca's removed spare/jack, radiator support, removed windshield tank and accessories, etc....I need to go get weighed in soon

YoungPony

forum member
Reaction score
I expected it to be more like 10lbs. I was surprised it was only a little over 6.

Before I get thrown under the bus for the 20lb comment I was just going off what I was told it weighed full. I removed mine when it was empty.

Also fixed original post so no one gets the wrong information like I did.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back